Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Money Bank

tag
memphisgranite

GE Money Bank

Hello All!

I've been reading these boards for quite some time as I work on building my own credit. As of last year around this time my scores were in the 500's with no credit and lots of collections. I hired someone that was recommended by my realtor that has helped me by writing letters and getting almost all of the collections off my credit. Right now my TU Fico is 725 according to Walmart. I just wanted to let everyone know how good GE Money Bank has been to me. I started with a secured Capitol One last July and in Oct I got approved for Walmart Discover $2500 limit. They auto increased it to $3000 in January. Yesterday I applied for the Sam's Discover and was approved for $1800 and the Old Navy Visa for $1000. I've also had luck with pre-approvals at checkout with Buckle, Express, ShopNBC and VS. I cannot believe how far I have come in less than a year!

Just thought I would share a little luck of my own... Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: GE Money Bank

@memphisgranite wrote:

Hello All!

I've been reading these boards for quite some time as I work on building my own credit. As of last year around this time my scores were in the 500's with no credit and lots of collections. I hired someone that was recommended by my realtor that has helped me by writing letters and getting almost all of the collections off my credit. Right now my TU Fico is 725 according to Walmart. I just wanted to let everyone know how good GE Money Bank has been to me. I started with a secured Capitol One last July and in Oct I got approved for Walmart Discover $2500 limit. They auto increased it to $3000 in January. Yesterday I applied for the Sam's Discover and was approved for $1800 and the Old Navy Visa for $1000. I've also had luck with pre-approvals at checkout with Buckle, Express, ShopNBC and VS. I cannot believe how far I have come in less than a year!

Just thought I would share a little luck of my own... Smiley Happy

Welcome to the forums!!!!!

CONGRATS on your approvals!!!

It looks like you've obtained alot of recent credit, you may want to visit the Garden Thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-March-2013/td-p/1915639

This will help set you up for the prime banks and higher CL's!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
rtw
Established Contributor

Congratulations! Sounds like you have come a long way.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 3 of 9
memphisgranite

Thank you! I am definitely in the gardening club for awhile! My goal is Chase Freedom and Discover IT hopefully at the end of they year. By that time,  I will have over a year of solid credit history and perfect payments. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats! Sounds like you have a solid plan. Keep up the good work and in no time you'll be approved for those cards you want. Smiley Happy
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats. I'm sure you will have no problem obtaining the It and Freedom once you are done gardening.
Message 6 of 9
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Congrats !

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 7 of 9
kade6767
Contributor

GE has been really good. I also started with my Cap One card last July and over the past week was approved for Walmart, American Eagle, and Amazon store. Going to let that go til the end of the year before I apply for another major card. Congrats on your approvals.

Walmart Store Card $5,000 Bank of America Cash Rewards $4,500 Chase Amazon Visa $3,000 Capital One QS1 $1,250 Macy's $1,600
Message 8 of 9
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, you're on the up and up!!!

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.