Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Money Question

tag
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

GE Money Question

Recently I purchased an ATV. With my credit in a rebulding stage, I decided to try and open an account through the dealer. Initially I was declined, but he called me back to tell me I was approved through GEMB. I accepted and planned on riding out the intro period before paying it off. After I did some research, I heard a lot of bad things about GEMB (funancing card). I ended up paying off my balance in full after 60 days and I think it was a good move as I avoided any of the horror stories I read about.

Has anyone had any success in switching products with GEMB sales & finance (which is really an installment account but they report it as revolving) to an actual credit card? I have a 10,500 credit limit that is great because I have a $0 balance and it reports as a revolving account (good for util ratio). But I would really like to change this account over to a visa or mc. I work on the west coast and everytime I try to call them after 5pm I end up on hold for 30 minutes so I give up. I've called three times this week with no luck so I'm wondering if anyone else has tried to switch products? Thank you in advance.

MyFico scores are 678 TU 660 EQ 668 EX.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.