Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Money showing the love!

tag
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

GE Money showing the love!

Just requested an CLI on my Chevron/Texaco card. Approved $650 to $850. I'm right at the 4 month mark with this account. $0 balance, always pay in full.

I got brave and requested a CLI on WalMart card as well. Approved $650 to $775. I'm right at the 4 month mark with this card as well. $0 balance always pay in full. Funny thing about it is I requested a CLI last week with this card and was denied. I havn't even recieved to denial reason in the mail yet. I was feeling lucky so I hit the luv button again today.

Yea for me!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GE Money showing the love!

Congrats!

I also did the CLI last week on my Walmart and Paypal Credit.

Walmart $670 to $795 (they've always increased this account by $125)

Paypal $775 to $975

Both were on the 4 month mark since last CLI.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Diz wish i could say the same about Chevron..

Message 3 of 6
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

@dizbuster wrote:

I got brave and requested a CLI on WalMart card as well. Approved $650 to $775. I'm right at the 4 month mark with this card as well.

Interesting.  When I tried for a CLI on my WalMart card at 4 months, I was denied.  They sent me a letter saying that your account must be at least 4 months old before they will CLI.  I called and asked a CSR why I got this letter since my account WAS 4 months old.  He told me that he wasn't sure why I got a letter saying the account must be 4 months old since the requirement is that it must be 6 months old, not 4.  He said he thought their policies just changed and that they must not have updated the text on the auto-denial letter that gets sent out. 

I tried again at the 6 month mark, and was approved from $900 to $1000.

Message 4 of 6
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Yea, 4 months has been pretty standard for me with my GE accounts. I have 4 accounts with GE and 3 of the 4 I recieved CLI's at the 4 month mark. Bass Pro has no luv button so I called in for CLI at the 4 month mark and was denied. They told me 12 months so go figure. It will be a year with bass pro next month so I'm going to try it then. It's never been a hard pull for any of my GE accounts so I figure every 4 months I'll just hit the luv button and see what happens.      
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 5 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats diz! They recently gave me a $1000 CLI to bring my Sams Discover limit up to $6200.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.