Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Money

tag
lonnyphillips
Valued Member

GE Money

This might have been answered before, but does anyone know if GE Money blacklist you for all the cards they issue for different stores and such if you included one of the cards they issue in a BK?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GE Money

I don't think they do...I use to have a care credit with them and i filed bk 2 years ago and 1 1/2 later i applied again and they gave me a 1500 card limit ..i was very shocked...

Message 2 of 7
smc733
Valued Contributor

I don't understand GE Money.  They give almost ANYONE credit.  I imagine if the BK is not very recent and the score is on its way back to health they'd issue a card.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 7
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

I don't understand GE Money.  They give almost ANYONE credit.  I imagine if the BK is not very recent and the score is on its way back to health they'd issue a card.

It's pretty simple.  GE Money works for the vendors that employ them to run  their financial credit plans.  A furniture store may want to get more business and is willing to lower the credit standards in exchange for the increased traffic.  So GE Money will develop guidelines to fit those parameters.  GE Money is only faciliating what their clents want.  When you are dealing with GE Money you have to remember that they are only the middleman.  You are really dealing with the store that is offering the credit, through GE Money to you.

Message 4 of 7
joeydtx
Regular Contributor

Sorry OP to ask in your thread but wanted to not open a new one. Smiley Happy

Does anyone know if GE is sensitive to how many cards you open with them with the umbrella of companies?  Anyone carry a lot?  Asking due to Hooters closing my card so I am a bit nervous because these are my favorite places and I shop there all the time... have 5 (JCP, Care Credit, Wal Mart, Old Navy, Amazon)

~JD

~JD
Message 5 of 7
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

@joeydtx wrote:

Sorry OP to ask in your thread but wanted to not open a new one. Smiley Happy

Does anyone know if GE is sensitive to how many cards you open with them with the umbrella of companies?  Anyone carry a lot?  Asking due to Hooters closing my card so I am a bit nervous because these are my favorite places and I shop there all the time... have 5 (JCP, Care Credit, Wal Mart, Old Navy, Amazon)

~JD

I don't think this is a matter of "umbrella" companies for GE--they are managing other companies' card issuance, not companies GE owns--so they really wouldn't care how many cards you have.  GE pretty much corners the market on retail store cards--even my Brooks Brothers card is issued by GEMB and I was approved instantly even though I have an old chargeoff from Lord and Taylor's, which is also GEMB issued.

Message 6 of 7
Shane1
New Contributor

After my Walmart account was charged off (and I was sued over the whole massive $200 credit limit), they never touched my JCPenney.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.