Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE PayPal MC CLI Frozen Reports...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

GE PayPal MC CLI Frozen Reports...

Week or so ago couple of us got talking about unlocking reports or maybe it was my updating TU Fico with Walmart but anywho the thought was that GE is able to get the SP so you can still obtain CLI. So did the automated last week for my PayPal MC and was instantly denied, the letter came today and it starts out listing the usuals, to many INQ, to many accounts with balances, util of accounts close to CL etc. etc.... continue scrolling and boom, it's based on a TU Dec. 1 (the day I opened the account!) from TU for 667.  So verdict is at least for PayPal MC no CLI with frozen reports.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: GE PayPal MC CLI Frozen Reports...

@Creditaddict wrote:

Week or so ago couple of us got talking about unlocking reports or maybe it was my updating TU Fico with Walmart but anywho the thought was that GE is able to get the SP so you can still obtain CLI. So did the automated last week for my PayPal MC and was instantly denied, the letter came today and it starts out listing the usuals, to many INQ, to many accounts with balances, util of accounts close to CL etc. etc.... continue scrolling and boom, it's based on a TU Dec. 1 (the day I opened the account!) from TU for 667.  So verdict is at least for PayPal MC no CLI with frozen reports.

This is not true, I have freezes on all of my reports and was able to obtain CLI's on 3 of 4 GE accounts about 2-3 weeks ago. My advice would be call in and speak to a credit analyst and ask for them to manually SP review your report. This may be the case with that particular card but they should be able to SP with freezes.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
Juan123
Established Contributor

GE uses old reports... same thing happened to me with my old navy card, i requested 3k, received $1100 so they sent a letter stating why they can't give me the 3k i requested and it lists that the report is a jan 2012 report ( may not seem old but util dropped from 50% to 10% in that span) and i called in and was told theres no way they can determine what report they'll use.

Bleh if you ask me.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 3 of 6
Datx
Valued Contributor

I thought the reason why GECRB uses old reports, is when you attempt to request a CLI too soon. OP says he requested a CLI just last week, but the decision was based on a pull from Dec 1st. So, not exactly quite 4 months. So maybe try again around April 1st or 2nd?

EDIT: Same scenario with Juan above. Requested a CLI recently and the decision was based on a pull  in Jan 2012. Not quite 4 months yet.

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Okay, I will try again in April and if I still get a report dated Dec. I probably will go ahead and unluck TU and EQ for a day or so and see if I can get all my GE accounts updated with new SP and ask for CLI on all them and then reports lock back up Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
boonelb
Regular Contributor

last ge cli I requested said not enough experience at cl yet. gave no other reason

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.