Valued Contributor

GE/Synchrony Closed Accounts for NSF

Anyone 

a few months ago they closed my 

Home Design

AEO Visa

and

Paypal Smart Connect 

Due to a Returned Payment on AEO Visa Card ($3000) (i did a current balance instead of a minimum payment)

Anyway... I just paid all these cards off (i actually left $1 on all three... i am hoping to call in to see about reversing the decision to close the cards

Anyone have any luck?  know how or who to contact?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
tvandine
Contributor

Re: GE/Synchrony Closed Accounts for NSF

Happened to my Meijer card before it went to Commeity

You don't even want to know how many cards i've got....

Credit Started May 31st, 2014 EQ:710|EX:712|TU:732 FICO:726
Message 2 of 18
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@JTC403 wrote:

Anyone 

Home Design

AEO Visa

and

Paypal Smart Connect 

Due to a Returned Payment on AEO Visa Card ($3000) (i did a current balance instead of a minimum payment)

Anyway... I just paid all these cards off (i actually left $1 on all three... i am hoping to call in to see about reversing the decision to close the cards

Since they are not recon friendly when you get denied for credit, I wonder if this is going to fall under that same bucket.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 18
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

What happened?  Did they reoppen?

Message 4 of 18
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear that.. Have you called to explain it was an mistake on the payment.
Message 5 of 18
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

@JTC403 wrote:

Anyone 

Home Design

AEO Visa

and

Paypal Smart Connect 

Since they are not recon friendly when you get denied for credit, I wonder if this is going to fall under that same bucket.

What is "recon"?

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@merlinflex wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

@JTC403 wrote:

Anyone 

Home Design

AEO Visa

and

Paypal Smart Connect 

What is "recon"?

Reconsideration.

Message 7 of 18
linux007969
Established Contributor

I'm not sure if it work work anymore since they split off but you could shoot off an email to the GE Capital Cares Team

gecapitalcares@ge.com

Maybe if anything they can pass you off the new Synchrony equivalent department or something, just email them and leave your name address and phone number in the email and explain what was going on and see where it leads you. 

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is NSF?

Message 9 of 18
jre
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is NSF?

Non-Sufficient Funds

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.