Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE

tag
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

GE

Just curious to see if anyone can suggest a GE card I can apply for?  I recently, like 2 weeks ago got the Wally World card, $600 limit.  SO STOKED, that free Fico rules.

My TU according to a purchase of score from MyFico was 595 on Jan 20.  Wal Mart Score shows at 628 Smiley Happy.  I know not great but way higher than I was expecting.  And it was free!

Any other GE cards I would have a better than average chance of getting if I applied?

Just curious...thanks!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

Re: GE

I went Care Credit, Chevon, 76, Walmart... in that order.

Chevron/Texaco and 76 are big out here on the west coast... the only 2 gas cards I'll ever need.

Message 2 of 11
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

The PayPal Extras is GE.

Message 3 of 11
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

If you shop on Amazon, the store card is GE
Best of luck to you and congrats on the Wally!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 4 of 11
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

I appreciate the responses.  Would you say that the ones you mentioned would be virtual "guarantee" approval?  I know...with credit and issuing credit nothing is guaranteed, but I would want the best chance with the scores I have, before I take the hard pull Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again!!

Message 5 of 11
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

I was able to get, amazon, walmart, care credit, old navy, qvc, American eagle outfitters, in that order within a span of a 3 weeks. Score was almost identical to yours.
Message 6 of 11
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

So you took 6 HP within the 3 weeks.  HMM

Wouldn't mind ON, maybe a Gap, QVC and possibly amazon. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 11
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

The BEST GE CC is the EBATES VISA Platinum/Signature

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 8 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would seriously consider what you are doing, one should only get store cards that will be used, bankcards are ultimately what you want. Good luck in your journey Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I would seriously consider what you are doing, one should only get store cards that will be used, bankcards are ultimately what you want. Good luck in your journey Smiley Happy

Having a few store cards in the mix is OK, and part of the FICO score determination.

In fact, if the rewards for using the cards are similar, I'd actually prefer the store card version over their "Dual Cards". 

Sadly, my score is good enough for them and they automatically consider me for the Dual Card first. 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.