Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB SP CLI's...

tag
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

GECRB SP CLI's...

What's the rule on the CLI requests?

I have 3 accounts that supposedly use SP's (76, Chevron, Walmart) and all 3 are about to generate their 4th statement in the next week or so...  I hear every 4 months is the time so should I hit the love button?

(I actually tried it earlier and all 3 gave me the same response "This account is not eligible for a credit limit increase online.")  Is it because it hasn't been 4 months yet?

Also, I realize Care Credit is GECRB as well... that account was opened in September.  Balance is $50.  I requested a CLI in December and was denied... if it's a HP I'm not gonna bother with it because I'm gardening and already have a $7500 limit. Still,  I'm asking about this one because I don't see a love button for this card.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: GECRB SP CLI's...

@TRC2k13 wrote:

I have 3 accounts that supposedly use SP's (76, Chevron, Walmart) and all 3 are about to generate their 4th statement in the next week or so...  I hear every 4 months is the time so should I hit the love button?

(I actually tried it earlier and all 3 gave me the same response "This account is not eligible for a credit limit increase online.")  Is it because it hasn't been 4 months yet?

Also, I realize Care Credit is GECRB as well... that account was opened in September.  Balance is $50.  I requested a CLI in December and was denied... if it's a HP I'm not gonna bother with it because I'm gardening and already have a $7500 limit. Still,  I'm asking about this one because I don't see a love button for this card.

Anecdotally, the "rule" is a CLI request every fourth statement cut. There are disagreements as to four statement cuts or four months. IME, it has been every four months. The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Care Credit is always a hp for a customer initiated CLI. Most other GECRB are eligible for a SP CLI after 4 statements that post.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 9
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I've had my walmart card for a while now, however it's only ever had 2 statements cut: no CLIs besides the one calling into credit services. I believe once I get around to getting the 4th statement cut I'll get a CLI via the love button online. 

Message 4 of 9
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I'll keep an eye on the accounts and plan on requesting CLI's in the next few weeks... if it doesn't let me do it online I'll call.

Not bothering with Care Credit... only doing SP cards.

Message 5 of 9
39Xelor
Established Member

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@TRC2k13 wrote:

Anecdotally, the "rule" is a CLI request every fourth statement cut. There are disagreements as to four statement cuts or four months. IME, it has been every four months. The best of luck to you.

Just make sure the GE branded cards you actually use are the ones you request CLI's on.. GE gives much higher lines to those who actually use the card instead of just hitting the luv button every few months on a dormant card..

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 6 of 9
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@39Xelor wrote:

Just make sure the GE branded cards you actually use are the ones you request CLI's on.. GE gives much higher lines to those who actually use the card instead of just hitting the luv button every few months on a dormant card..

Thanks for the tip.

@Anonymous only card that lies dormant is the Care Credit... I've put like $300 in vet bills on the card in 6 months... @ 0% so I've just been paying $50 here and there... balance is $50 so for the next couple months I'll probably pay the minimum $25 unless I use the card somewhere... LOL

@I use the gas cards for $50 - $90 each every month and the Walmart has seen steady use... A couple $400 purchases @ 0% that I just paid off.  I think I'm good.

I don't "need" the CLI's but since they are SP's I'll give it a go.  

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

"This account is not eligible for a credit limit increase online" means the CLI request was denied a letter should come in the mail with the reasons why. Every 4th statement is the rule that I have heard before new CLI can be entertained but calling Credit Soultions sometimes does not follow the rule.

Message 8 of 9
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

"This account is not eligible for a credit limit increase online" means the CLI request was denied a letter should come in the mail with the reasons why. Every 4th statement is the rule that I have heard before new CLI can be entertained but calling Credit Soultions sometimes does not follow the rule.

It's all good.  If they were denied it's probably due to the age of the accounts.  Each had a 3rd statement... but the 4th won't be for another week or so.

I pulled the trigger a little too early... will probably give it a month and try again.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.