Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: GECRB

GEMB uses their own score that has absolutely nothing to do with FICO.

Message 11 of 21
tbc
New Contributor

thx Boomhauer.

does anyone know how they score?

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
GOAL: HEAVEN
Message 12 of 21
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

It sounds like you have made great strides improving your credit.  Do not be discouraged by the bogus score they gave you.  Any score range that only goes up to 620 as a maximum is .... well... it's no scoring system I've ever heard of before.  620 is the the lowest "top figure" I have ever heard of.  Usually it's 850 or 950.  Therefore, don't put too much stock into the discouraging score they gave you.

This reminds me of the FAKO I get from Juniper/Barclay.  I have worked to claw my FICO up from the low 600s to the high 600s like it probably is right now (my USAA FAKOs are starting to get into the low 700s but whenever I get a score reported to me by a lender it tends to be about 660 or so.)  Well, the Barclay/Juniper score is so insulting... it says I have a "Bankcard score of 535" or something that just deflates me.  Also, the "CreditKarma" site always gives me abysmally low figures and says my credit is only "fair" or  tells me I am lower than most people.  My point in all this is to ignore any fake score you get.

New Contributor

Why thank you for your kind reply.........

I have taken great strides, and I know it.  

It will be one step at a time.  I am still content on the cash on the barrel, but I learned my lesson.  Credit is what makes the world go round. 

If I continue on my trak for another 6 months, I should be in the middle to high 600 on my TU  I can't remember what my Equifax said, now I am just gonna have to go look....lol

I am still hoping to find out how they use their scoring system.  

Moreso, I am curious as to how they came up with that number?  How their model works.

Again, thank you.  

I have to add a side note here.  I didn't even know or realize one could have a credit score that low than when I got mine.  I remember getting a number from the dealership and lol at them.  Then the nice finance guy explained to me.....I needed credit to get credit.  DUH  

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
Message 14 of 21
debitcard

Hello:

In response to your post, I thought I'd add mine.  I just received the same denial (using same scoring system) from GE Capital Retail Bank for a recent app at Walmart.  My current TU FICO (myfico) score is 570.  This is my 1st app after a bout with unemployment 7 months ago (cost me some 30 and 60 day lates).   Prior to that, no lates for over 2 years with a couple of new toy limit subprimes CC's opened between 1-2 years ago as rebuilders.  

I did not expect to be approved but wanted to find out where I was at on GE's scoring system as I'd like to take a shot at another GE serviced account next year.  I had read about this scoring model on another site, looks like GECRB and others are using this scoring now (or at the very least - on their decline letters).  Hope this helps others to not have to waste an INQ.

"GE Capital Retail Bank has received your request for a credit program with WALMART. Regretfully, your request cannot be approved at this time. The boxes checked indicate the following:

The request was judgmentally reviewed and denied for the following reason(s):

Our decision was based in part on a credit scoring system that was used to evaluate your application. The reason's where you did not score well compared with the other applicants have been determined and are listed below:

TOO MANY ACCOUNTS OPENED IN LAST 24 MONTHS HAVE BEEN 30 DAYS PAST DUE

TOO MANY ACCOUNTS 30 OR MORE DAYS PAST DUE IN LAST 12 MONTHS

ACCOUNTS IN COLLECTION OR 60 DAYS PAST DUE OR ADVERSE PUBLIC RECORDS

HIGH RATIO ACCOUNTS 30+ DAYS PAST DUE TO ACCOUNTS OPENED 3+ MONTHS

If more than one agency is disclosed below and if box above is completed,the reason(s) shown in that box are based on the report provided by the first listed agency.

Some information used to make this decision was obtained from the consumer reporting agency (agencies) listed below. This consumer reporting agency (agencies) did not make this credit decision and is unable to provide you with the specific reason(s) for our action. If you want a copy of your credit report, or if you think that there is an error in your credit report, please contact the consumer reporting agency.

T.U. CONSUMER RELATIONS

2 BALDWIN PLACE,POBOX1000

CHESTER,PA19022

800-888-4213

Information from an outside source other than a consumer credit reporting agency was relied on in whole or in part in reaching our decision.

Information about your External Credit Score used in this evaluation for credit

In addition, we also used a credit score developed by us in making our credit decision. Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes. The credit score below was developed using standard industry methods and was used to evaluate your application. The credit score may differ from the score you obtain from a consumer reporting agency.

Your Credit Score:  395

Date:  12/11/2011

Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 620.

Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:

TOO MANY ACCOUNTS OPENED IN LAST 24 MONTHS HAVE BEEN 30 DAYS PAST DUE

TOO MANY ACCOUNTS 30 OR MORE DAYS PAST DUE IN LAST 12 MONTHS

HIGH RATIO ACCOUNTS 30+ DAYS PAST DUE TO ACCOUNTS OPENED 3+ MONTHS

SINCERELY,

CREDIT MANAGER

GE Capital Retail Bank"

Message 15 of 21
tbc
New Contributor

HI Debitcard

Thanks so much for your input.

Good luck on your rebuilding efforts also.  

Secretly, I am glad I am not the only one resigned to the 300 bracket with GEMB.....lol  Sorry....MIsery loves company. Please forgive

I have resigned myself to the Garden.......watering and weeding gets boring sometimes, but it sure is nice when you see your results.   

Hang in there.  

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
Message 16 of 21
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

When GECRB denies me for CLIs on my Walmart card, they tell me I have a score of 644 on a scale from 507-741. They've denied the request twice (after 3rd and 4th statements in Nov and Dec 2011), both times using a TransUnion soft pull from September 15th. It's nice that they use fresh data!! /s
Message 17 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ptkdude wrote:
When GECRB denies me for CLIs on my Walmart card, they tell me I have a score of 644 on a scale from 507-741. They've denied the request twice (after 3rd and 4th statements in Nov and Dec 2011), both times using a TransUnion soft pull from September 15th. It's nice that they use fresh data!! /s

Yea im getting absoletely TALK TO THE HAND when it comes to GECRB CLI's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 21
patternofstars7
Contributor

I also recieved a denial from GE for their Paypal Card. My FAKO score from them was 386. Kind of a bummer being I was just approved for an AMEX gold and Citi Plat select. Here's what they said were key factors:

TOO FEW REVOLVING ACCOUNTS
NUMBER OF MONTHS SINCE 30 DAYS PAST DUE ON A CREDIT ACCOUNT IS TOO LOW
LACK OF BANK REVOLVING INFORMATION
NUMBER OF INQUIRIES ON CREDIT REPORT

Only had 1 inquiry on my report from this year. Last late payment was 2 years ago and I have 2 collections due to fall off AUG 12. Also have 5 cards in good standing. Oh well Its time to start gardening again and hopefully get my dream home in a year!

Message 19 of 21
tbc
New Contributor

Thank you all for your input.

Reading others experiences makes me really want to understand their scoring systems?   

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.