Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB American Eagle

tag
Brendax3
Established Member

GEMB American Eagle

I have an American Eagle store card through GEMB.

I requested a CLI online & was denied.

Is there a number I can call to get more info as to why they denied & possibly have them reconsider?

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB American Eagle

They will send you a letter in the mail advising why.

How long have you had the card?  Has it been at least 4 statements since your last CLI?

Message 2 of 10
Brendax3
Established Member

I've had it since Oct 2010. No CLI ever.

Message 3 of 10
notmyj
Regular Contributor

I just got one with a $150 limit. I bought my GF some underwear then paid it off Maybe I will buy her a bra for christmas from Aerie/American Eagle (Its a present for her, for me Smiley Wink) then let it sit for a few more months. What I dont understand is that GEMB also issues my Walmart card which has a $1200 limit. Why they gave me a $150, I dont know.

Hopefully WFNNB doesnt play this game too. I have a $710 limit with Victorias Secret, and just got an Express Card via pre approval on the Express website during checkout. I will see in a few days when I get the card....

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 4 of 10
Brendax3
Established Member

I don't get it either.

They denied a CLI on my AE store card today but just yesterday, I was approved for a Walmart store card with a limit of $700.

The AE store card is at $400, btw.

Message 5 of 10
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

AE tends to be stingy with credit lines. I started with 700 and ran about 1k through. I hit the cli button every month and always declined for not having experence withe current credit line. Then one day the gave me a 250 cli bringing me to 950. 

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
Brendax3
Established Member

Do you know if it was a hard pull or soft?

Message 7 of 10
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

soft.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Message 8 of 10
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

My husband's had an AE card since 2005. He has good credit. They've gave him only one CLI of around $100 in the past 6 years! They are very stingy!!!!

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Message 9 of 10
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

I started at 150, they gave me a cli when I asked for one to 600 at the 5th statement then I carried a small balance for two months and they just upped it to 1100 when I clicked after 4 more statements. I think they like a small balance.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.