Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB/GECRB

tag
movinup1
New Contributor

GEMB/GECRB

I applied for Amazon card back in October--I'm rebuilding and heard it was easy to qualify for.  I was denied at that time, I think a combo of still a few baddies/delinquencies on my reports, including a prior BK (due to fall off in 2015).  I need to do some repairs to my home, so I'm thinking of applying for a Lowe's consumer card, but I just found out that Lowes is a GECRB card.  My score is now 660, and a couple of the baddies/derogs have been reoved.  What are the chances I'll be approved for a lowe's card?  Anybody have backdoor experience with GECRB?  What other options do I have?

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB/GECRB

tell us more about your self

How many inq last 6 months?

amount of new accs last 6 months?

How is your utilization right now?

Do you have any other GE cards?

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 2 of 11
movinup1
New Contributor

2 or 3 inquiries in the past 6 months.  1 new accounts in the past 6 months.  Utilization is pretty low... about 15% maybe.  I have no other GE Cards.

Message 3 of 11
NyaBuksh
Regular Contributor

I have tried Amazon many times this past few months, but no success. I don't know what they want because I was approved for Lowes, TJMaxx, Walmart, Banana Republic, Paypal Smartconnect and QVC with my current score and all these cards are issued by GECRB.

All I can tell you is-- Go for it! Goodluck!

Message 4 of 11
zerobacan
Established Contributor

You look pretty good! go for it!!

I however got declined twice for lowes in between apps... Good luck!

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 5 of 11
movinup1
New Contributor

Just pulled the trigger.  Approved with $300CL.  Some other threads on here mention calling the backdoor numer immediately to ask for CLI... I've never done that before.  My other store cards just automatically increased on their own.  My only other major card is a Cap1 Secured.  I'm just newly re-etablishing credit with cards (past 6-9 months), and never was good with it before.  So I haven't ever called any of these backdoor numbers.  Thoughts on asking for more from Lowes?  I only have small projects, but if a higher limit will make my util look better, then I guess I'm for it.  ? 

Message 6 of 11
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

When i was approved it was for 650 and I called Credit Solutions and just stated i'm about to do some home projects and would like to get a higher limit. They asked how much and I said 5000 and they came back after after 5 minutes and said approved. Just be nice and confident... Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
zerobacan
Established Contributor

@movinup1 wrote:

Just pulled the trigger.  Approved with $300CL.  Some other threads on here mention calling the backdoor numer immediately to ask for CLI... I've never done that before.  My other store cards just automatically increased on their own.  My only other major card is a Cap1 Secured.  I'm just newly re-etablishing credit with cards (past 6-9 months), and never was good with it before.  So I haven't ever called any of these backdoor numbers.  Thoughts on asking for more from Lowes?  I only have small projects, but if a higher limit will make my util look better, then I guess I'm for it.  ? 

YES!! Congrats, now call the Credit Solution number in this backdoor number threads.

when they answer say you want a CLI in your lowes. if they ask you for acc numberm tell them you dont have it and give them your SS and info they ask. Then tell them you were just approved and you need a bigger limit for your project. Aim high, they will counteroffer you and everything is a SP... good luck and let us know. You can even call 2 three times if they say no Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 11
movinup1
New Contributor

Bummer... didn't work for me.  They said that the were unable to approve the CLI request and that I'd get a letter in 7-10 days stating why.  Hope that didn't throw up any red flags and cause them to close my account. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@movinup1 wrote:

Bummer... didn't work for me.  They said that the were unable to approve the CLI request and that I'd get a letter in 7-10 days stating why.  Hope that didn't throw up any red flags and cause them to close my account. Smiley Sad

Wait 4 statements and try again

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.