Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB Giving out (small) GLIs

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

GEMB Giving out (small) GLIs

Along with most people, I have been on the GEMB roller coaster.  A year ago I got several accounts with them all with at least a $500.00 a few months later all were cut at least by half.

Walmart went from $500.00 to $100.00

Pay Pal went from $600 to $290

Amazon went from $700 to $350

Now the really ODD thing... .. just figured with all of the cuts I had nothing to loose.. so requested a CLI about six months ago for JCP and that went from $250 to $1500!  Go figure!

Just on a whim today, I decided to try for some increases

I got $100 each on Paypal and Amazon and $300.00 on JCP, which confuses the heck out of me since it is the card I use least.  Then of course, got deniced by Walmart!

I wonder if I was at a $500.00 max for CLIs .. I mean... wow.. just $100 on two accounts I use regularly (one with no balance.. one with a recent purchase of $100.00) and THREE HUNDRED on an account I hardly ever use?  I swear, each time I log into my JCP account I expect to find the my CL has been reduced to $300.00 or so.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB Giving out (small) GLIs

Good for you!!  I was very unhappy with them a few weeks ago as they slashed my GAP card from $500 to $200.  I hadn't used it in 2 months, but my FICO score fell and they slashed my line.  I was bummed as I was about to go on a shopping spree (and pay it off not too long after).  Oh well.
Message 2 of 6
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

GEMB seems to be treating JCP accountholders a little differently. They have been giving decen't CLI's without much usage. If that was me, I wouldn't be complaining. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Peculiar, but congrats nonetheless!
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on what CLI you did get.

I have 4 GEMB cards and i may be wrong but im going to hold tight and not ask for CLI until the dust settles.Im going to try and fly under there radar for a while...

Message 5 of 6
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Yeah, that might not be a bad idea.  It was actually after I made my first go round of CLI requests that my CL started to get slashed in the first place.. all execpt Walmart that actually went up by 100.00, but then they came back around 2 or 3 months ago and cut it by 475.00.  I am just going to ride this lil wave while it is here.. and not really think much of it except now I know I can for certain get that digital cameara I have been wanting for a few months and of course, it is great to get and extra $500.00 in utilization.  Hoprully, Cap 1. will remain true and give me my Credit Steps increase next month as well.
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.