Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB HIGH RISK SOURCE OF APPLICATION

tag
pt145
Valued Member

GEMB HIGH RISK SOURCE OF APPLICATION

Hi, I applied for a Amazon.com Store card & received this letter. Can any1 tell me what HIGH RISK SOURCE OF APPLICATION  means?

GE Money Bank
P.O. Box 981404
EL Paso, TX 79998-1404

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
PHOENIX,  AZ  85041
AZ 05

08/02/2011

GE Money Bank has received your request for a credit program with AMAZON.COM STORE CRD. Regretfully, your request cannot be approved at this time. The boxes checked indicate the following:

The request was judgmentally reviewed and denied for the following reason(s):

HIGH RISK SOURCE OF APPLICATION

Our decision was based in part on a credit scoring system that was used to evaluate your application. The reason's where you did not score well compared with the other applicants have been determined and are listed below:

If more than one agency is disclosed below and if box above is completed,the reason(s) shown in that box are based on the report provided by the first listed agency.

Some information used to make this decision was obtained from the consumer reporting agency (agencies) listed below. This consumer reporting agency (agencies) did not make this credit decision and is unable to provide you with the specific reason(s) for our action. If you want a copy of your credit report, or if you think that there is an error in your credit report, please contact the consumer reporting agency.

Information from an outside source other than a consumer credit reporting agency was relied on in whole or in part in reaching our decision.

SINCERELY,
CREDIT MANAGER
GE Money Bank

Please see reverse side for important information.
Entered Garden 6/3/2014, Staying until Jun 2016. Score 797 via Discover
Chase Freedom 0/$3000, Amex BC 0/$5000, Wells Fargo 0/$2400, Amazon 0/$5000, Discover IT 150/$4800, Walmart Mastercard $0/$5000, Barclay NFL AZ Cardinals 0/$5000
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
brian2220
Regular Contributor

Re: GEMB HIGH RISK SOURCE OF APPLICATION

dont hold me to this but its sounds to me like your household is high risk or you are high risk
My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 2 of 25
MagicShot
Contributor

Sound like too high utilization & low income to me? Do you know what your revolving utilization is currently?
Message 3 of 25
MagicShot
Contributor

You might be able to call them and talk to a credit anaylist about it? Try ne of the backdoor numbers on this site or GEMB. Worth a shot.

Good luck
Message 4 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Someone posted recently that they were declined for a card from another lender (can't remember who) because someone at the same address, I think a family member, had had problems with that lender.

If you've had anyone living at your address who had a relationship with GEMB that went sour, that might be the problem. Seems incredibly unfair, but considering how many people open CC accounts in the names of family members and friends, who have no idea that they're doing so, I guess I can see where they're coming from.

eta: this is especially spooky if you rent part of a house, and someone else there (same address) has goobered up their credit. Yikes...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 25
GregB
Valued Contributor

This is what happens when someone from North Korea applies for a credit card. Or is it Nigeria? Smiley Surprised

Seriously, are you in the US?

I have seen this when running credit for people that have an official address in a "high risk" country.

If you are in the US, then perhaps there is something "high risk" about a more specific location like some of the other posts. Are you in the Military and stationed in a "high risk" location?

Message 6 of 25
n777ua
Established Contributor

Which agency did they pull ? 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 7 of 25
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@GregB wrote:

This is what happens when someone from North Korea applies for a credit card. Or is it Nigeria? Smiley Surprised

Seriously, are you in the US?

I have seen this when running credit for people that have an official address in a "high risk" country.

If you are in the US, then perhaps there is something "high risk" about a more specific location like some of the other posts. Are you in the Military and stationed in a "high risk" location?

Another poster reported that they got the "HIGH RISK SOURCE OF APPLICATION" rejection when he/she was stationed overseas (I assume in the military):

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/GE-is-being-pretty-liberal-with-the-Amazon-in-house-cre...

Message 8 of 25
pt145
Valued Member

I called spoke with a manager, I was told that my application was denied for either 2 reasons. I had either had recently applied with gemb for muiltiple accounts or had alot of inquires on my credit file. No inquiry has showed up as of today. I have 1 gemb account "walmart" opened in may. No others, I did apply from a public computer maybe that was it. Btw im in the usa not overseas
Entered Garden 6/3/2014, Staying until Jun 2016. Score 797 via Discover
Chase Freedom 0/$3000, Amex BC 0/$5000, Wells Fargo 0/$2400, Amazon 0/$5000, Discover IT 150/$4800, Walmart Mastercard $0/$5000, Barclay NFL AZ Cardinals 0/$5000
Message 9 of 25
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Maybe I'm paranoid from reading/being on eBay too long but that letter almost seems fake to me.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.