GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!

tag
stefanc
Regular Contributor

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!

@OnTheRebound wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

My wifes Lowes is maxed out at 10K. They will not increase it any more. I know. I tried twice. No go.

That would shock me if $10k is max... that doesn't come close to Home Depot!

YMMV

12,500 on my Lowes, I'll go for more in a few months and see what happens

Message 11 of 55
CS800
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

My wifes Lowes is maxed out at 10K. They will not increase it any more. I know. I tried twice. No go.

Whats the max on Home Depot that you have heard?

Message 12 of 55
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

I use to have $15,900. I believe I have seen the figure around $25k before but not for sure.

Message 13 of 55
CS800
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

I use to have $15,900. I believe I have seen the figure around $25k before but not for sure.

Are you a big spender there?

Message 14 of 55
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Card opened in 2005 with $5k I believe and charged $3700 that day I think. after 6 months they gave auto CLI in the $9k range (original charge was on 12 months $0 and most months I paid nothing, until end and PIF before 0% ended) I think at that point it was auto CL to $12,400 if I remember correctly and then it sat unused, they sent letter saying had not shopped in a while please come in, here is a 10% but if you don't shop within next 3 months we will close the account. Went in and bought paper towels I think it was... when statement arrived it had note on statement saying congrats we are increasing the CL to the $15,900! I never asked for increases.

Message 15 of 55
stefanc
Regular Contributor

Although not specifically directed towards me - for questions on usage...

As I said a few messages ago my Lowes is at $12,500 - DW has a Lowes at $10,000 - we have not tried for any CLI on her card for quite a while - We run $15,000 or so a year through the pair of them on 0% promos.

For Home Depot - DW has $20K limit and mine is $16,500 -  between the two cards we run $25-$30 through them each year -- again on 0% promos.

On all four cards we just keep "recycling" Promo balances - never paid a dime on interest. We also play Depot and Lowes off each other - it seems one will often have a 12-18 months promo going when the other doesn't. They will match the competitors Promo in store! Because of the Promos we generally have balances ranging from $2,000 - $10,000 on each card most all of the time.

So I guess for us that would be heavy spending on both Depot and Lowes - I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that has something to do with the limits we've ended up with. I hope some of that info is useful...

Message 16 of 55
CS800
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Card opened in 2005 with $5k I believe and charged $3700 that day I think. after 6 months they gave auto CLI in the $9k range (original charge was on 12 months $0 and most months I paid nothing, until end and PIF before 0% ended) I think at that point it was auto CL to $12,400 if I remember correctly and then it sat unused, they sent letter saying had not shopped in a while please come in, here is a 10% but if you don't shop within next 3 months we will close the account. Went in and bought paper towels I think it was... when statement arrived it had note on statement saying congrats we are increasing the CL to the $15,900! I never asked for increases.

Not bad at all. I use Lowes more around here but we have HD also. Who issues the HD card?

Message 17 of 55
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Not bad at all. I use Lowes more around here but we have HD also. Who issues the HD card?

Citi

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 18 of 55
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I have more gemb card then I need..lol

PayPal MC 15k
Brooks MC. 10k
Walmart DC. 10k
Tjmaxx. MC. 4k

Also have more. but these are the visa, mc and discover.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 55
Switch2007
Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

My Home Depot is currently at 22k. We asked for that much when doing reno to take advantage of the 18 month no interest. 

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.