Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT!!!!

Message 51 of 55
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@s_haliz That's right be super aggressive. A person can't hurt there credit scores or credit by reapplying for more credit or CLI with GECRB/Sync cards since they're all soft pulls (I wouldn't apply for 10 cards or 10 CLI in a day though! Smiley LOL). So if you get denied by one UW call back and talk to someone else how @shaliz did.

Or the other super ultra aggressive way is to apply (if denied previous) or ask for CLI every 2 months + 1 day (not the known 4 months/statements + 1 day) and know that you will for sure get denied when you call and ask for the CLI. Then be patient and tell them you want to talk to another UW. Guy on here did the RECON and explained this process. I always thought 4 months was way to long to wait per cycle, 2 1/2-3 months is more in line.

Always remember it takes brass balls to ask for BIG credit line increases! 

I really don't agree with being super aggressive with the Credit Solutions requests.  Some people have had their accts frozen while they review everything (including all of the call ins asking for higher limits) and get their limits severely reduced or closed completely.  I think every 4 months should be ok, but I would exercise caution with the requests.

Message 52 of 55
Josh2942
Established Contributor

My Lowe's card has 12k also my dad's has 30k on his
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 53 of 55
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@s_haliz That's right be super aggressive. A person can't hurt there credit scores or credit by reapplying for more credit or CLI with GECRB/Sync cards since they're all soft pulls (I wouldn't apply for 10 cards or 10 CLI in a day though! Smiley LOL). So if you get denied by one UW call back and talk to someone else how @shaliz did.

Or the other super ultra aggressive way is to apply (if denied previous) or ask for CLI every 2 months + 1 day (not the known 4 months/statements + 1 day) and know that you will for sure get denied when you call and ask for the CLI. Then be patient and tell them you want to talk to another UW. Guy on here did the RECON and explained this process. I always thought 4 months was way to long to wait per cycle, 2 1/2-3 months is more in line.

Always remember it takes brass balls to ask for BIG credit line increases! 

I really don't agree with being super aggressive with the Credit Solutions requests.  Some people have had their accts frozen while they review everything (including all of the call ins asking for higher limits) and get their limits severely reduced or closed completely.  I think every 4 months should be ok, but I would exercise caution with the requests.

Exactly.  People who poke the bear too much will in no time tend to see AA.  A few anecdotal experiences have been documented on these forums, which again, doesn't account for all folks who found out too late.

Message 54 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@josh2942  Josh so your dad has a confirmed $30K Lowe's store only card CL, not a Lowe's Mastercard/Visa is that correct? Thanks

Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.