Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB Strikes Again

tag
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

GEMB Strikes Again

Well it happened again.  I paid my Sams Card off and GEMB reduced my credit line to 100.00.  First it was my Paypal credit now Sams Club.  The strange thing about this is GEMB increased my credit limit on my JC Penneys last week.  Now the 100.00 credit line at Sams is useless to me.  My shopping trips to Sams Club are always 200.00 or more.  I do not understand why they are doing this to people that have accounts in good standing.  It looks like I will not be shopping there anymore.  I'm just curious as to how many others they have done this to lately.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: GEMB Strikes Again

@sunnyday wrote:
Well it happened again.  I paid my Sams Card off and GEMB reduced my credit line to 100.00.  First it was my Paypal credit now Sams Club.  The strange thing about this is GEMB increased my credit limit on my JC Penneys last week.  Now the 100.00 credit line at Sams is useless to me.  My shopping trips to Sams Club are always 200.00 or more.  I do not understand why they are doing this to people that have accounts in good standing.  It looks like I will not be shopping there anymore.  I'm just curious as to how many others they have done this to lately.

There are no across the board policies with GEMB. Each CC is separately managed and sets its own policies.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@sunnyday wrote:

There are no across the board policies with GEMB. Each CC is separately managed and sets its own policies.

OP - my condolences on the CLD's.   

CWCIS - I wonder if this may not always be the case (separation of accounts)?  I ask because when I was approved for CareCredit, I called in and asked for a CLI.  While on the phone with CSR, she found and asked me about my Rooms to Go GEMB account.  Ultimately she approved my CLI.

On the other hand, where GEMB gave me over $20k between CareCredit and Rooms to Go, for JCPenney I only got $350 and declined a CLI.  So this seems to support the "separation" because the CLI denial reason was "not enough experience with this account at current CL"

These are my only GEMB accounts and all are new.

Message 3 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I said each CC is separately managed and sets its own policies. I didn't say they don't know about each other.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you carry a balance with them for a long period of time?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

each CC is separately managed and sets its own policies.

Is Paypal MC separate from lets say their net rewards MC though they're both MC?
Message 6 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is Paypal MC separate from lets say their net rewards MC though they're both MC?

This is the only CC I see that PayPal offers:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing_CommandDriven/general/PPPlusCC-outside&channel=1&promo=508

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is the only CC I see that PayPal offers:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing_CommandDriven/general/PPPlusCC-outside&channel=1&promo=508

Sorry. What I meant was is the GEMB Paypal MC separate from the GEMB general purpose net rewards MC even though they're both MCs? Or is it just store cards are separate from MCs?
Message 8 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Every program is administered separately. I believe those would be separate programs.

Think of it as Macy's and Citi. Macy's cards are Citi products, but administered by DSNB.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 08-10-2009 02:39 PM
Message 9 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

I will never apply for any GEMB products. 
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.