Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB after ch7 discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB after ch7 discharge

Has anyone had any luck with cards issued by gemb after chapter 7 bk?. I applied to Walmart back in dec, 14 mos after discharge and was declined. I know for the most part gemb pulls trans union, anyone know if for any of their cards they pull equifax?. Thx for any advise Equifax 655 Trans 655
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB after ch7 discharge

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with cards issued by gemb after chapter 7 bk?. I applied to Walmart back in dec, 14 mos after discharge and was declined. I know for the most part gemb pulls trans union, anyone know if for any of their cards they pull equifax?. Thx for any advise Equifax 655 Trans 655

I got the Amazon store card through them after CH7BK.  I don't remember who they pulled, though... sorry.  This inquiry seems to have... fallen off :-)

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea how long after it was discharged?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi tquint14,

From everything I've heard - GEMB cards, including Walmart, are typically very BK friendly.

I was approved for one 4 months post CH 13 BK discharge.  (Note that would be 5 years post filing - I don't know if they look at filing date or discharge date).

Are there any other baddies on your report?  What other revolving accounts do you have open?

Do they have an income qualifier (I don't remember) - if so, do you meet it?  I really don't remember that they have one.  I app'd in store and don't remember being asked this, but someone else will be able to comment on that, I'm sure.

GEMB Dillard's is noted for being the easiest to get, and Wallie's is often pretty easy as well.  JCPenney's is also easy, and sometimes has higher CLI's than WalMart.  IIRC.  I think my opening CL with JCPenneys was four times what my Wallie's was, and they were opened same day, Wallie's first.

GEMB including WalMart has always pulled EQ for me - don't know if it varies in different parts of the country.

Hope that's somewhat helpful.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.