Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB question

tag
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

GEMB question

SO I have a lot of GEMB CC. Amazon, Paypal credit, PC Richards, A jewlery store, Walmart, maybe a few others. None of them will give me credit line increases except for Walmart (which gave me 2). The reasons Im getting is a recent collection account (4 years ago), credit cards too close to the limit (all of my credit cards are paid in full) and my accounts where too recenlty opened (all of them will be atleast year next month, some more). My question is, why does Walmart give me increases but not the other?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: GEMB question

They want to sell you more stuff.

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Welcome to the world of GE and their great automated computer system... they have little requirements for approves to open and then they seem to actual look at credit for CLI.

UTIL is a big factor.

not sure what your issue would be with no debt!

Message 3 of 5
mahendra82
Contributor

I have the paypal and amazon.  I never asked for  CLI on the paypal, but I seem to be getting one periodically. I keep asking for  CLI on amazon, but I keep getting denied. I do this quite often. I then cooled off on the CLI request, asked for one on the amazon account two months later and was approved with a measly 225 CLI. 

Message 4 of 5
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

I don't get GEMB at all. They gave me one CLI on my PayPal MC about 6 months after I got the card (maybe 5?).

Then last month I finally saw the "Request an increase" option on my account after having the card for a year. I figured let me try it. Got instantly denied. Received a letter stating reason for denial was due to "Insufficient experience at your current credit limit".  Not true. My CL is 3K and in the past, I've used the card quite a bit.  

The irony of this is they approved me with two baddies on my TU report. Now that it's clean, with util. between 3-7%, they're denying.

I wanted to close the card anyway as I really have no use for it. This just gave me more incentive to do so.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.