Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB walmart closed account / NSF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB walmart closed account / NSF

I had my walmart account closed the other week. They told me that if I have 2 or more returned payments in a 2 year timeframe the account is automatically closed. It only had a 600 balance on a 1500 line. I PIF'd but thought it was weird that it was that stringent. I had a closed checking account listed on the payment options and was too lazy to remove it. Accidentally selected it a couple times but never missed a payment since I make 2-3 payments a month due to the low limit. Just a FYI, info I got from the rep regarding returned payments.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB walmart closed account / NSF

@Anonymous wrote:

I had my walmart account closed the other week. They told me that if I have 2 or more returned payments in a 2 year timeframe the account is automatically closed. It only had a 600 balance on a 1500 line. I PIF'd but thought it was weird that it was that stringent. I had a closed checking account listed on the payment options and was too lazy to remove it. Accidentally selected it a couple times but never missed a payment since I make 2-3 payments a month due to the low limit. Just a FYI, infoI got from the rep regarding returned payments.

Welcome to Forums ~

So, you had a Walmart acct and they closed it due to the returned payments of 2 or more automatically.

It doesn't matter how much you had a balance.

As long as your payment go through, of cause it will not be late.

As you stated, you selected your closed checking acct accidentally a couple of times ... that lead to the 2 or more returned payments.  Of cause they will close your acct as they warned you.

You need to be careful from now on ~ it is easy to loose, but it is very hard to get nowadays!

Take care ~

Message 2 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

I have noticed myself with walmart bill pay it default to the date the bill is due and not the current date....I guess its always good  tocheck the details before clicking submit

Message 3 of 10
newlpn

thisHot his just happened to me! How did it affect your score. Anyone please help I have good credit but afraid it will be ruined

Message 4 of 10
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@newlpn wrote:

thisHot his just happened to me! How did it affect your score. Anyone please help I have good credit but afraid it will be ruined

Did they close ur account?

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
newlpn

Yes they closed it TodayMy I never had any lates. cries core is 732, wondering if I should pay balance of 800 to 0

Message 6 of 10
newlpn

Sorry typo but credit score is 732

Message 7 of 10
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

did u call and ask them why they closed it?

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Honestly by you being lazy as you stated and selecting the wrong accounts to pay your bill and the payment not going through not one but twice it's kind of your fault and they are following standard operating procedure. Just use this as a learning experience.

GE is great company and will reward you with generous CLI, but if you dont pay them like other lenders they will take adverse action.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 9 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Heads up: old thread

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.