Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM BuyPower Rewards Redemption

tag
TSlop
Valued Contributor

GM BuyPower Rewards Redemption

Is anyone familiar with redeeming the rewards on this credit card for a GM purchase? I'm curious what exemptions they have when applying your credit to a new purchase. In their FAQ, they state you can't combine this with employee or supplier discounts. Is this separate from an "employee discount for all" offer? I forget if that was a GM offering, but I remember seeing a TV ad for that last year. I also am curious if the "normal" discounts that are offered can still be combined with the reward redemption, such as dealer incentives, manufacturer discounts, etc..

Since I'm not an employee or supplier (or family member of either), I'm hoping there is nothing I need to worry about if I snag this card. I plan on test driving their trucks when the pandemic slows to ensure I want a Chevy or GMC before applying for this card. I plan on purchasing a new truck in 3-4 years, so I'd like to snag the 5% on the first $5k each year until then. I suppose in the end, I can use up to $250 a year for service and products if all else fails, but I'd rather apply it to a vehicle purchase.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.