Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Card - Marcus by Goldman Sachs

tag
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

GM Card - Marcus by Goldman Sachs

I noticed tonight that there seems to be a new GM MasterCard (Marcus by Goldman Sachs) but I searched the forum and couldn’t find anything about it.  I checked the website out and it looks like they prequalify you in a similar way as they do with their Apple Card.

Does anybody have any experience with this card that they would like to share?  I haven’t heard anything about a GM MasterCard in quite some time and I remember that my grandfather carried one back in the 1990’s.  Anything that I read tonight looks like it was with Capital One prior to this. 

I also read that there will be a new GM Business MasterCard (Marcus by Goldman Sachs) that will be coming available on February 18th.  I am more interested in this card and might make a post about it in the business section.

RealEstateGuy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GM Card - Marcus by Goldman Sachs

For those of us who still have the Capital One GM BuyPower version, the transition will occur around 2/22/22.

You can search the Approvals forum as there have been some members that pre-qualified and were subsequently approved for the card.

If you're more interested in the business version of the card, definitely post in the Business Credit section of the forums. Applications open Feb 18, 2022.

Message 2 of 9
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@RealEstateGuy89 wrote:

I noticed tonight that there seems to be a new GM MasterCard (Marcus by Goldman Sachs) but I searched the forum and couldn’t find anything about it.  I checked the website out and it looks like they prequalify you in a similar way as they do with their Apple Card.

Does anybody have any experience with this card that they would like to share?  I haven’t heard anything about a GM MasterCard in quite some time and I remember that my grandfather carried one back in the 1990’s.  Anything that I read tonight looks like it was with Capital One prior to this. 

I also read that there will be a new GM Business MasterCard (Marcus by Goldman Sachs) that will be coming available on February 18th.  I am more interested in this card and might make a post about it in the business section.

RealEstateGuy

What do you want to know? I have the new Marcus/GS GM card and yes the approval process is exactly like the Apple card is. SP with your CL and Rate before you accept. 

Message 3 of 9
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Yes, the pre-approval site has been up for over a month and some members have received their personal Marcus/GM MC.

I too am waiting for the business card pre-approval to open up as I will be apping for that product.

Way too many personal cards this past 4 months after home buying jail time....

Need some business credit to leverage....

Message 4 of 9
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

@RealEstateGuy89 wrote:

RealEstateGuy

What do you want to know? I have the new Marcus/GS GM card and yes the approval process is exactly like the Apple card is. SP with your CL and Rate before you accept. 

Yes I was wondering about what you posted and if it was a good card and if people have had good experiences with it or decent SL's etc. I read somewhere that someone said the were being changed interest from the purchase date rather than no interest if they PIF by the due date but I don't know if it's true or not so I didn't really want to post that at first. 

Message 5 of 9
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

Yes, the pre-approval site has been up for over a month and some members have received their personal Marcus/GM MC.

I too am waiting for the business card pre-approval to open up as I will be apping for that product.

Way too many personal cards this past 4 months after home buying jail time....

Need some business credit to leverage....

Oh god yes me too. My thoughts EXACTLY.  Hope we see many more attractive business credit cards come out in the near future...

Message 6 of 9
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@RealEstateGuy89 wrote:

@bigseegar wrote:

@RealEstateGuy89 wrote:

RealEstateGuy

Yes I was wondering about what you posted and if it was a good card and if people have had good experiences with it or decent SL's etc. I read somewhere that someone said the were being changed interest from the purchase date rather than no interest if they PIF by the due date but I don't know if it's true or not so I didn't really want to post that at first. 

My SL was $10K but I haven't used the card yet at all. There was nothing in the terms that I remember to indicate that interest accures starting from the purchase date.

Message 7 of 9
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

GM Card by Goldman Sachs

Does the GM card by Goldman Sachs work like the Apple Card and do a soft pull and give you a limit that you can decide if you like before doing a hard pull?

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GM Card by Goldman Sachs

@FalconSteve wrote:

Does the GM card by Goldman Sachs work like the Apple Card and do a soft pull and give you a limit that you can decide if you like before doing a hard pull?

@FalconSteve -- please reference the discussion upthread and the thread below:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/GM-Rewards-Marcus-by-Goldman-Sachs-Pre-App...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.