cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Extended Family Card™ COMING FEB 18 - Marcus - anyone know more about it ?

tag
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

GM Extended Family Card™ COMING FEB 18 - Marcus - anyone know more about it ?

Looking at the GM Extended Family Card by Marcus / Goldman Sachs....

Does anyone know if supplier code users can benefit from this card ?

Any benefits over the standard Rewards Card ?

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 10.56.47 AM.png

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Yankee2
Regular Contributor

Re: GM Extended Family Card™ COMING FEB 18 - Marcus - anyone know more about it ?

I had the card for 16 years (closed it 11/19)

It had always been a 1% only card. Either hold the cash back for a vehicle or cash back in $50 increments. 

Not worth it at all.....

Message 2 of 15
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: GM Extended Family Card™ COMING FEB 18 - Marcus - anyone know more about it ?

Anyone applying for this card ?

It opens up at the same time the GM Business Card starts on 2/18/22.

Wondering if my GM Educator discount code would have any impact on applying for this card....

Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 8.27.09 AM.png

Message 3 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

From what I read in other posts,  lot of people are waiting to apply for this card. I would be curious about the approval criteria.

Message 4 of 15
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Same here - I am waiting for some DP from first time adopters....

The Business version with EIN only sounds very intruiging.

I pre-qualified (SP only) and got $3500 approved but didn't accept as that SL is too low for any useful use (like down payment on a GM EV truck ).

I wonder what CRA Marcus pulls - is it TU like the Apple Card they administer ??

It has to be either EQ or TU because my EX is locked.

Message 5 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Or, you can be the GP 🥸

Unless you're a GM employee, a relative of one or work as a supplier, I really don't see the advantage of this particular version of the card vs the standard one. Potentially, if you were pre-approved for $3,500 on the GM Rewards, then it's likely the same results would yield for this version, but that's just speculation at best. I can't see how the results would fluctuate much (limit-wise) depending on when you tried for the other one.

I won't discuss the business version on this thread as there is an active topic already in the Business Credit section of the forums.

Message 6 of 15
Metalcards
Regular Contributor

They pull TU.

Message 7 of 15
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Yankee2 wrote:

It had always been a 1% only card. Either hold the cash back for a vehicle or cash back in $50 increments. 

Not worth it at all.....

This is an entirely new launch by an entirely new card holder than what you had though as GS took over the GM Cards from Capital One last month. So experiences and benefits could be entirely different, who knows.

Message 8 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bigseegar wrote:

@Yankee2 wrote:

Not worth it at all.....

This is an entirely new launch by an entirely new card holder than what you had though as GS took over the GM Cards from Capital One last month. So experiences and benefits could be entirely different, who knows.

It's on their [Marcus by GS] website. You can view the 2 versions for benefits comparison.

Message 9 of 15
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

From what I read in other posts,  lot of people are waiting to apply for this card. I would be curious about the approval criteria.

Why? Does it offer good rewards?

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.