cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium Card

tag
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Re: GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium C

@cashnocredit wrote:

You don't need a JPM account, let alone private bank status, to get a Palladium card. You just need excellent credit and fairly high, probably >300k income.

I think you're confused about the card he's referencing.

Take a look here

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 52
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium C

@drsmith wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

You don't need a JPM account, let alone private bank status, to get a Palladium card. You just need excellent credit and fairly high, probably >300k income.

Take a look here

The OP was posting a cute wish list of "status cards" that are presumably exclusive. This included JPM's Palladium card, widely touted as "exclusive" for clients of JPM's Private Bank where they average 30M in investable funds. Well, it's an outstanding job of marketing not a lot different from the more hoi polloi Visa Black Card version.

The Palladium card has a sub 1k AF and anyone can apply. Just call JPM and get an app. You don't even need to be a JPM client. In fact they don't even ask about your assets, just your income like virtually every other CC out there. Now the Centurion Black Card IS exclusive. You can't download an App for that one.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 22 of 52
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

@drsmith wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

Take a look here

The OP was posting a cute wish list of "status cards" that are presumably exclusive. This included JPM's Palladium card, widely touted as "exclusive" for clients of JPM's Private Bank where they average 30M in investable funds. Well, it's an outstanding job of marketing not a lot different from the more hoi polloi Visa Black Card version.

The Palladium card has a sub 1k AF and anyone can apply. Just call JPM and get an app. You don't even need to be a JPM client. In fact they don't even ask about your assets, just your income like virtually every other CC out there. Now the Centurion Black Card IS exclusive. You can't download an App for that one.

I've swiped probably 30 Centurion cards

Only one Palladium card.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 52
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

The Palladium card has a sub 1k AF and anyone can apply. Just call JPM and get an app. You don't even need to be a JPM client. In fact they don't even ask about your assets, just your income like virtually every other CC out there. 

REALLY? someone on this site ought to apply and post the results.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 24 of 52
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@drsmith wrote:

I've swiped probably 30 Centurion cards

Only one Palladium card.

Centurions have been around for quite a long time. Palladiums were introduced quite recently. Centurions have a far higher AF not to mention a ridiculous "initiation" fee. And you have to be invited.

Palladiums have no initiation fee and modest (in comparison to the Centurion card) AF.

JPM is using this card to help market their private client services where the real money is made on portfolio mgmt, trusts, and other active family wealth services.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 25 of 52
android01
Valued Contributor

There are threads I've followed on other sites where folks have applied for and been approved for the Palladium card who are not JPM clients, and do not have wealth.  But ALL have high credit scores (upper 700's - low 800's) and LONG credit histories.  I thought about getting one to add to my collection of odd-ball cards, but couldn't stomach the AF just for a conversation piece. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 26 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HoahCredit wrote:

Do you realize that to get a Centurion card you only need to charge $100000 per year in your current Amex Card? Now, if you were to be able to get a few CCs with no credit limit you'll be able to say, literally, that you have a $2M CL or $10M CL.

I'm going to go with this.  The Centurion effectively provides a million+ dollar limit.  I've read posts on here where an AMEX employee talks about green card holders putting millions thru their account over the year.  Business green I assume but maybe just personal Green.

Message 27 of 52
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I first got a green then gold Amex but hardly ever used it except occasionally for biz. It was really cool because not many had gold Amexes back then and it was sort of a status symbol. Still, I really didn't like not knowing what my "limit" was and my other cards had limits (80k ish total) that I knew were good for whatever I purchased so I used them. One day after I'd charged a lot on a trip and paid it they called and canceled it. Since I was thinking of canceling it because of the AF I just said cool, bye. My payment patterns were weird on my other cards as I'd pay about 10k over what I owed and just let them accumulate until I started getting red late notices then I'd pay another 10k over. Rinse and repeat.  Amex probably saw all the late flags and just canceled me. The other banks could see my payment patterns and kept giving me CLIs far beyond what I needed. I knew nothing about CRAs back then.  Unfortunately, after I eventually stopped using CCs in favor of my bank's debit card. I could charge up to 10k a day and never needed more. Eventually the CC banks just stopped renewing. Dumb move since fixed.

Message 28 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HoahCredit wrote:

Do you realize that to get a Centurion card you only need to charge $100000 per year in your current Amex Card? Now, if you were to be able to get a few CCs with no credit limit you'll be able to say, literally, that you have a $2M CL or $10M CL.

I've heard you need to spend at least $250k on a personal AMEX to get the invite.  However, once in the "club" you don't have to meet any minimum spending limit.  Just pay all the fees and you get to keep your Centurion.

Message 29 of 52
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

There are threads I've followed on other sites where folks have applied for and been approved for the Palladium card who are not JPM clients, and do not have wealth.  But ALL have high credit scores (upper 700's - low 800's) and LONG credit histories.  I thought about getting one to add to my collection of odd-ball cards, but couldn't stomach the AF just for a conversation piece. 

you know, i would normally agree with you, but this is THE EXEPTION. and the reason is, is that the cards physical value itself is actually worth about a grand. if i were you, i would keep the account for about a year and close, just to keep the physical card.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.