Ga's Own is getting a New Contactless Card

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Ga's Own is getting a New Contactless Card

The points are less than 1c, right.   According to the site

3,250 points for a $25 gift card from Applebee’s® or Outback Steakhouse

so about 0.79c per point.

So even with the Visa Sig at 1.25 points per $ spend, that's 0.96c, less than a 1% card.    So not rewards heavy!

Message 21 of 54
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@GApeachy   If you are baking pies I do humbly request I be included XD   

Be funny if we were close enough to drive by with some pies. Smiley Tongue  While looking at the cards I realized those are identical to my CU's card (none of which I have).  I'm gonna have to app mine one day but they are so po'dunk, you have to print out the app, fill it out and mail it.  I don't do stamps! or that other old timey stuff.  I'd go in but not during this Pandemic.

Thanks for sharing, I saved the link...I may do this, if I do I'll hollar back.  ty again, and enjoy that pretty card.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 22 of 54
KatieKatie
Regular Contributor

Exciting to be getting this card now!  I just did an auto loan with them and my LO said they would like to send the CC also.  I wasn't too excited about it, but I figured it would help his numbers and they have been so good to me on my installment/mortgage stuff, I said why not.  This makes it a bit more palatable:-)

Message 23 of 54
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@KatieKatie wrote:

Exciting to be getting this card now!  I just did an auto loan with them and my LO said they would like to send the CC also.  I wasn't too excited about it, but I figured it would help his numbers and they have been so good to me on my installment/mortgage stuff, I said why not.  This makes it a bit more palatable:-)

I guess I am getting curious!   What is the attraction of a 0.79% card.  Presumably not rewards as that is worse than most on the market today.

Message 24 of 54
KatieKatie
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@KatieKatie wrote:

I guess I am getting curious!   What is the attraction of a 0.79% card.  Presumably not rewards as that is worse than most on the market today.

Definitely not rewards. As I noted, I originally accepted it as a courtesy to them in my mind because they've been so great and accommodating on my installment relationships with them.  I always manage to apply for something with them when I'm not at my absolute best and they still work it out with favorable rates as if I was. I decided to buy a car all of a sudden last week when I wasn't at AZEO because it was unplanned. I was resigned to waiting until everything updated on my reports next week and possibly missing out on the deal but I decided to try them and see what they would do. They came through as usual.

I reconciled myself to the idea that the card would at least pad my utilization and I expect this to be a long term financial relationship as they are local for me. My AmEx Plat is my daily driver but I will give this some mileage occasionally out of appreciation for my relationship with them. It's nice to know that when I feel like I need to pull it out it's at least aesthetically pleasing. For those who are interested in carrying a balance short term the rate is not too bad for a revolver at 9.99%. 

Message 25 of 54
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@KatieKatie 

Enjoy your car and your card...at least it wasn't a double whammy!Smiley Wink  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 26 of 54
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker      As I mentioned before it's not about the Points for me I have a good deal of 'good points' cards, BUT the reason I still keep my little 500 CL from them is because I can use the WHOLE AMOUNT that in itself is a BIG BIG bonus for me I can only use 100 of the 1k on my AMEX but yet I can use my whole 500 on my 500 for this card.     Which makes it of more use to be honest than my Amex which is a 'better card'.       That is why I love it so much and want to grow with it.  Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 54
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@KatieKatie     Yes awesome if you grow with this card trust me you will love it again for the points ehhhh I don't think I've ever paid attention to it for the points LOL but it is a very good card to keep Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 54
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@KatieKatie wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@KatieKatie wrote:

Definitely not rewards. As I noted, I originally accepted it as a courtesy to them in my mind because they've been so great and accommodating on my installment relationships with them.  I always manage to apply for something with them when I'm not at my absolute best and they still work it out with favorable rates as if I was. I decided to buy a car all of a sudden last week when I wasn't at AZEO because it was unplanned. I was resigned to waiting until everything updated on my reports next week and possibly missing out on the deal but I decided to try them and see what they would do. They came through as usual.

I reconciled myself to the idea that the card would at least pad my utilization and I expect this to be a long term financial relationship as they are local for me. My AmEx Plat is my daily driver but I will give this some mileage occasionally out of appreciation for my relationship with them. It's nice to know that when I feel like I need to pull it out it's at least aesthetically pleasing. For those who are interested in carrying a balance short term the rate is not too bad for a revolver at 9.99%. 

9.99. Apr is enough reason lol. No matter how many rewards cards out there , imo , always nice to have a sub 10% apr card just in caseSmiley Wink

Message 29 of 54
slickwidit
Established Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

How is Georgia's Own on applications cause I would like to move some business to local credit unions if possible

they are a conservative lender. I used them primarily after my my ch7 BK. I was able to establish my own checking/savings/money market/ platinum credit card, joint account for my wife and myself. I only used them for the CC and they only gave me $500 SL and the card still sits at $500 to this day. interest rate is really low... like single digits low. but only $500 CL.

I hope this helps. been banking with them for over 6 years and will not close these accounts.

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.