Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Plan From Here?

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Game Plan From Here?

Hey guys, my portfolio has steadily been growing because of all of your help. I have a $2,000 BoA Cash Rewards Card, $2,500 Barclaycards Rewards, $4,500 Car Care One, and $4,500 Ashley Furniture Card. With that being said, I have a 2 yr 2 month AAoA. What should I do from here to grow my portfolio? Continue to Garden and then work on increasing the limits on my cards or applying for other cards? I haven't received my 6-7 month CLI from barclays (only had it for four months) and I do want to increase my BoA card at some point. Should I request the BoA increase before the 6 to 7 month mark with Barclaycard? The only other card I need (that would be extremely useful) would be an airline card. Other than that the cards I have work fine for now (other than their limits) . Any specific order I should do things in? Thanks guys.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Game Plan From Here?

What are your scores and is there any specific airline card you have in mind?  Any baddies on your report?

Message 2 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your scores and is there any specific airline card you have in mind?  Any baddies on your report?

Any where from 722 to 728. No baddies whatsoever. I have looked at Citi and Barclays card for American Airlines, but really I don't care about the airline, nor my location in the plane. The cheapest works for me. So the AMEX, Discover, and Cap One cards work for me as well. I have about 7-8 inquiries on each bureau, mostly from when I started my credit journey and couldn't get approved initially for a thin file.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Any where from 722 to 728. No baddies whatsoever. I have looked at Citi and Barclays card for American Airlines, but really I don't care about the airline, nor my location in the plane. The cheapest works for me. So the AMEX, Discover, and Cap One cards work for me as well. I have about 7-8 inquiries on each bureau, mostly from when I started my credit journey and couldn't get approved initially for a thin file.

Amex has a 50k MR points for the PRG. Are you opposed to paying an annual fee?  Because the CSP is a good travel card also..

Message 4 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CLI

Amex has a 50k MR points for the PRG. Are you opposed to paying an annual fee?  Because the CSP is a good travel card also..

I would rather not, as my other cards don't have one, but if I have to I can. Just looking for the best rewards. And should I request a CLI on my BoA card as well?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CLI

I would rather not, as my other cards don't have one, but if I have to I can. Just looking for the best rewards. And should I request a CLI on my BoA card as well?

Ok.. Most travel cards come with an annual fee.. If you can spare a hardpull then definately request one.. Here is a list of travel cards to help you decide..

http://millionmilesecrets.com/credit-cards/airline-credit-cards/

Message 6 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CLI

Ok.. Most travel cards come with an annual fee.. If you can spare a hardpull then definately request one.. Here is a list of travel cards to help you decide..

Would the Capital One Venture or Discover Miles be good for me?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CLI

Those are also good cards also.  The Venture has an annual fee and if you don't mind the tripple pull then a good card to have with high limits.  The Discover miles is also a really good one.

Message 8 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CLI

Those are also good cards also.  The Venture has an annual fee and if you don't mind the tripple pull then a good card to have with high limits.  The Discover miles is also a really good one.

Lastly, which would be preferred? In regards to approval chances for me and higher limits? Thank you so much for your help!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Lastly, which would be preferred? In regards to approval chances for me and higher limits? Thank you so much for your help!

Hands down the Venture... You have a higher chance of getting a bigger limit than the Discover..

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.