Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GameStop offering 0% APR for 6 months!? CLI is what I need

tag
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Re: GameStop offering 0% APR for 6 months!? CLI is what I need

I realize this is an older thread, but curious how everyonesd doing with thier GS cards.

I too got a very low limit to start (350 I think).  But it was a SP approval so I took it.

Anyway, they havent been giving me very big CLIs, but they have been giving small one regularly. 

I opened mine when they first came out, the Day 1 thing they had going which was what... October 14?  So 7 months old now.

In that time it went from 350-550 at around 3 months, and just today to $750.

I guess what Im getting at, is for those who were disappointed in the limit, just use it and be patient. They will bump you up.

Personally, 750-1000 limit on this card is ideal for me. Its just for games and game systems after all.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. Off topic, but what is so great about this card?

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking Amex BCP and Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae to buy games off Amazon or  both cards to buy Gamestop gift cards?

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CenturyChild wrote:

I realize this is an older thread, but curious how everyonesd doing with thier GS cards.

I too got a very low limit to start (350 I think).  But it was a SP approval so I took it.

Anyway, they havent been giving me very big CLIs, but they have been giving small one regularly. 

I opened mine when they first came out, the Day 1 thing they had going which was what... October 14?  So 7 months old now.

In that time it went from 350-550 at around 3 months, and just today to $750.

I guess what Im getting at, is for those who were disappointed in the limit, just use it and be patient. They will bump you up.

Personally, 750-1000 limit on this card is ideal for me. Its just for games and game systems after all.

They started me with a $1,000, but they won't increase it for me. I tried at the 6 month mark and it was a no.

Message 13 of 15
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

The only thing special about it is the interest free Promotions. 

Thats about it.

So yea, if your going to buy a game or 2 , you most likely have better choices.

But on a card like this, I think 1000 is quite good.

I mean you could get a Xbox One and a PS4 together, on a no interest plan.

Im not sure anyone would need more than that for GS.

I am curious what the max limit they give is though. 

Message 14 of 15
Miamicanes
Valued Member

They started me off with 250 and now 6 months later I'm at 750 !!!

Semper Fi
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.