Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gander Mountain Card no longer accepted

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Gander Mountain Card no longer accepted

Looking at my Gander Moutain Card Statement this morning and this message is on the website.  Guessing they'll close the account once I pay it down to zero?

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 6.12.01 AM.png

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Re: Gander Mountain Card no longer accepted

Didn't the company just file bankruptcy?

Message 2 of 11
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

They did.  Many stores, including the one here in town are getting picked up by Camping World.  I thought that maybe Comenity would switch the cards over to CW Brands, since they already offer them.  No biggie to me, it's a $300 limit and will not affect utility at all.  Just wanted to give anyone else out there with a GM Card.   Also noticed the LUV button is gone, not suprisingly.  

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 3 of 11
happypill
Valued Contributor

I think the MC version will continue to live on in some form, but it looks like the store card might be gone.

I went to the site for Comenity Gander Mountain and there is a message at the top of the page had the following:

Gander Mountain

Message 4 of 11
titanium_bbx
Contributor

Same thing with Overton's MC. Didn't know anything was going on with them until I saw this...

overtons.jpg

Message 5 of 11
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I think it's kind of funny that Comenity says, "We are here to help you."

Since when?

Message 6 of 11
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Is Overton part of Gander Mountain?

Message 7 of 11
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

I think CW bought both Overton and GM. Not 100% sure on the Overton part, but I read something along those lines. I like GM, but I'm honestly not surprised seeing their prices on some stuff was about 120% MSRP. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 8 of 11
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Sandman771 wrote:

I think CW bought both Overton and GM. Not 100% sure on the Overton part, but I read something along those lines. I like GM, but I'm honestly not surprised seeing their prices on some stuff was about 120% MSRP. 

Yeah... even stuff that should be competiviely priced was way out of whack.  Looked at them for ammo a couple times.  No way.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 9 of 11
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Camping World Visa is not cute at all! :-(

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.