Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap Visa Promotion

tag
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Gap Visa Promotion

Just got home from a trip and came back to an exciting piece of mail from Gap. From now till the end of May, they are giving 3x rewards on all general (i.e. non-Gap Inc. stores) spending!

Clearly they knew where my Gap card had gone after the holidays. (Hint: straight to the sock drawer.)

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ttaurean30
Established Member

Re: Gap Visa Promotion

Im still waiting on my gap visa invitation. How long did it take you to get an invite?

Rebuilding since BK Discharge on 09/2006
Gardening Since 02/19/2013
Credit.com (707) Credit Sesame (801) Walmart (709) Credit Karma (688) Quizzle (714)

Message 2 of 7
tcbofade
Super Contributor

How about we DON'T share this information with my wifey, hmm??

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

This sounds more like a promotion for gap visa cardholders not a visa upgrade offer.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 7
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

@sengpatt wrote:

Just got home from a trip and came back to an exciting piece of mail from Gap. From now till the end of May, they are giving 3x rewards on all general (i.e. non-Gap Inc. stores) spending!

Clearly they knew where my Gap card had gone after the holidays. (Hint: straight to the sock drawer.)

I got that too. I only use my Gap Visa when the promotion is something like "Use four times OUTSIDE of our brands, for a $20 rewards certificate". That was the promo around January. I went to the supermarket, purchased 4 small items (like gum) on seperate transactions, for a grand total of about $1 and got my $20 rewards cert. Otherwise, my Gap card is stuffed into the compartment of my wallet with all my other things that I never take out lol.

I keep that card because its an older card with no AF. So there doesn't seem like much of a point in cancelling.

Message 5 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol I get these on my BR Visa!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 7
vegavega25
New Visitor

I got the Gap Card in-store in December 2009. I called once about a year later to ask if there was any way I could upgrade to the Visa and was told that there was no such opportunity available at the time, and that GE Bank reviews accounts from time to time and would let me know. I forgot about it, until one day again a year later I was logging in as normal and the upgrade option just popped up on the screen. It was December 2011, so two years since I'd opened the account. 

It still stays in the sock drawer most of the time, except since November 2013 when they've been on a promo spree of sorts. First it was an offer to receive additional 5000 points (=$50 in Gap Rewards) for using the card 25 times outside Gap, then an offer to receive 2000 points (=$20) for four times outside Gap in a month, and now 3x points per $1 (basically =3% reward, albeit in Gap Rewards).

I don't know for sure if availing an offer makes them push out even more of them at you but it seems that way. I used to get such offers earlier but never paid enough attention to take the card out, probably losing some benefits in the process. But ever since I met the 5000 points ($50 is plenty) requirement in November, these two have come in rapid succession.  We shop at Gap whenever we need clothes (or at least go there first) and this card seems to be working out for us.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.