Did you mean: 

Garden Club - April 2017

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - April 2017

Good morning all,

I was doing so well with my Silver Spade then got excited because I saw three green checkmarks in my Chase "selected offers for you." I'm actually mad, super mad at myself for taking the plunge since I didn't need the credit for anything. My utilization is already low (4%) and I had even received 2 SP CLIs: $1.5K from Disco and $1.3K from Chase FU. So back to the garden I go Smiley Sad and no more unnecessary splurging for me. Really, I'm just shaking my head in disbelief that I did this. The card will be SD.

Congrats and high five to everyone who stayed strong and true to their credit profiles.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 21 of 526
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Goooooooooood morning boys and girls.  Happy April!

Paid off one installment debt yesterday, paid off one credit card...and still have a few dollars left over to add to savings.

On Monday, I'll pull all three Fico 8 scores for DW and I, and we're hoping to see a nice boost with zero inquiries and zero new accounts for six months.

No firm end date in sight, still thinking that I'll just spend 2017 hiding from new accounts.  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 22 of 526
Namaste7
Established Contributor

I planted my seed yesterday and now I'm embarking on Day 1 of 730 days of gardening. The first 30 days are the hardest, right????

My focus in the garden is to mature my profile with continued PIF payment history, < 10% overall utilization and SP CLIs (Q4 17).

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 23 of 526
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Happy April Fools Gardeners....dont get "fooled" by high interest rates!!  LOL  See what I did there? Smiley Happy  STILL waiting for my Platinum replacement, was supposed to be here yesterday nada, called and they said Monday, great I leave on a business trip early Monday, oh well, THEN this morning UPS sends email says it should deliver today - was delayed due to severe weather.....Well if this is the only issue I have today IT WILL BE A GREAT DAY!!

Message 24 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta start over gardening since I picked up 2 cards last month. Staying in the garden for 24 months, no exceptions 🙃😉
Message 25 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gardening now. Slipped out to grab a USAA Limitless Cashback Rewards VS (said I would if if became available) in March. Now I need to let my scores settle and hopefully grow.
Message 26 of 526
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

04/11/17 = One Month

Excited about my one month garden anniversary!  Can't wait to receive my Bronze Spade.

As I reported in the March thread, just focusing on eliminating my student loan debt this year.  So far, so good.  Looks like I will make that goal with no problem - hoping it will happen in October vs December!

Nothing new on the credit front.  May seek some SP CLI on my existing cards but no urge to app for anything new. 

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 27 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy April everyone! April is the best time to garden, isn't it?

So, I was poking around checking things out yesterday for me and for DH. I checked his free score from Discover score card and something seemed to be missing, but they only show a summary. So off I go to the Experian web site. BTW- did y'all know you can get a free report from them EVERY MONTH? No score there, but you can actually view your report. So between Experian and CK you can keep an eye on all of your reports for free. And you can get your free  ex FICO from Discover scorecard.

Anyway, back to the story. So I go to EX and check hubby's full report- no foreclosure! Smiley Very Happy I go back to mine from 5-6 days ago and it is there. So it looks like it has fallen off of the first report. Happy dance, happy dance!!! It should be off all 3 in July.

No news on the CLI front either. I think both AmEx and Discover are about 10 points below their CLI threshold due to my balances. Still working on getting those paid back down. 

Gold spade coming 4/9 Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 526
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy April everyone! April is the best time to garden, isn't it?

So, I was poking around checking things out yesterday for me and for DH. I checked his free score from Discover score card and something seemed to be missing, but they only show a summary. So off I go to the Experian web site. BTW- did y'all know you can get a free report from them EVERY MONTH? No score there, but you can actually view your report. So between Experian and CK you can keep an eye on all of your reports for free. And you can get your free  ex FICO from Discover scorecard.

Anyway, back to the story. So I go to EX and check hubby's full report- no foreclosure! Smiley Very Happy I go back to mine from 5-6 days ago and it is there. So it looks like it has fallen off of the first report. Happy dance, happy dance!!! It should be off all 3 in July.

No news on the CLI front either. I think both AmEx and Discover are about 10 points below their CLI threshold due to my balances. Still working on getting those paid back down. 

Gold spade coming 4/9 Smiley Happy

That is awesome, tidegirl! Congratulations on your progress! Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 526
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Hello everyone. What a great weekend ahead. Final Four plus Wrestlemania! Food is cooked, phone is off, ready to roll!

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 30 of 526
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.