Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2017

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Garden Club - August 2017

Lol, you'll see 800's again odd_dog whether it be your Fico or when you dial itSmiley Wink

Congrats Pedro on your new baby and on your new homeSmiley Happy

Good luck Samster on your Disco unsecuringSmiley Happy
Message 21 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in fellow gardners ... this is month four for me Smiley Happy 

Still basically nothing going on credit wise ... still putting the miles in on my bike. Had to spring for a couple of new tires yesterday. My rear was showing cords yesterday as I left for my ride and I kept my fingers crossed the whole time I was out that I wouldn't flat. And I didn't, so that was good. Busy morning/mid-day here, so I'll ride later today. 

Message 22 of 625
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Checking in. Nothing new for me.  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 23 of 625
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, you'll see 800's again odd_dog whether it be your Fico or when you dial itSmiley Wink

Congrats Pedro on your new baby and on your new homeSmiley Happy

Good luck Samster on your Disco unsecuringSmiley Happy

Joey you are the wind beneath my wings.....Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 625
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Checking in for August and started drinking cofee again. I am cooking more at home and grilling a couple times a week. It sucks for my Disco 5% since it has 5% resteraunts but my health wil thank me later. I have my Silver spade now and need this is the month at several INQ's are to fall off my EX and EQ reports. Cant wait!!! Also, just maintaining and paying down my cards, put a chunk in last month. Plan to stay in the garden for now to increase my AAOA(MF has it 5Y7Months). I wish every one a peaceful time in the garden.

Message 25 of 625
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Checking in with 3 weeks in the garden.  I actually forgot to check in last month - I made it from June 3rd on a combined huge BOA CLI and new app until July 11th when NFCU did a HP when I tried to get the AR CLI on my Flagship and it went to the 24 hour message (which was more like a week and denied for being too new).

Trying to garden for a year and let new accounts settle to get my scores into the upper 700s, but those Request a credit line increase links on my BOA accounts are taunting me.  I want to hold off and try to get my 3 BOA cards to a combined $80-100k ($62.9k right now) and merge them next summer after the last of the 0% BOA BTs is paid off, and I have my eyes on 4 other cards I want to close and/or consolidate to other cards.  Still making steady progress on $100k+ of revolving debt.  Hoping to have another $20k paid off by next summer and be debt-free (at least the revolving variety) in another 4-5 years.

Stay strong everyone and I hope to have a bronze spade next week!

Message 26 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was browsing through the forum and stumbled upon this group. So glad to have found a group to help motivate me to garden. I have been pretty good since obtaining the cards that I was really aiming for, so I am all set to garden until Spring 2019. For now, my goal is to qualify for any of the Chase Visa cards, that is the one last card in my list that I have been looking into applying for, but that could wait till 2019. So far it has been a great start for me this month. I did try to request a CLI from Discover a month after they increased my limit from 1K to $1300, no love, but that is fine. I will try again next Sept. and hopefully they would consider me for some additional line increase since I do want to grow that card and my AMEX BCE which is turning 6 mos. this Sept. I was denied a CLI on the AMEX card on the 61st day, but I am waiting till my 6th month to try again and fingers crossed that they would increase my 1K limit. So happy to have found this group here. Have a wonderful day fellow Gardeners.

Message 27 of 625
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Checking in to throw myself back into the garden!  I had made it 9 months, then went on a small spree to test out the dropped judgement and better scores...can't wait to play in the dirt again, apping is stressful as all get out!!!  Hello and welcome to all!!!!!

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 28 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in!  I think I am going to make it to the 3 months and get a new icon. Smiley Happy  

I get tempted A LOT.  But thankfully a CLI from QS and Discover (auto) just this morning I think I can hang on.  Boo to AmexBCE for no 3X due to that darn BK13 still showing...next year you shall be gone off the bureaus!!

I REALLY want a Venture, but I am going to wait and see what impact my new mortgage has on scores.  I havent pulled them since May so I dont know...

Message 29 of 625
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Checking in for the month....and this time I'm really staying in the garden 😀 I escaped last week to buy my niece a new bed. My nephew was in a bad motorcycle wreck and will be taking over her bed when he's released from rehabilitation. No more excuses though.... I'm staying in this time! Hoping Experian hits 700 this week when my Amex balance updates to 0. 3 points... that's all I ask for 😕

Hope everyone has a great day!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 30 of 625
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.