Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2017

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - August 2017

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Gregory1776 being thst your account is new , i would just go for the 3x , as thats the tried and true method for free sp luv from Amex. Asking for more might be possible but may invite a hp. Lots of people get low sl and put tons through it and that sometimes doesnt sway Amex to give up the ghostSmiley Wink. Just think you could go to 6 then 18 in only 2 stepsSmiley Happy Patience is the key lol.

OK. Thanks, I cant wait to the 23rd! and than Febuary 23, 2018! I do hope they will give me 18,000 at that point, NOT that I'd come close to ever coming close to needing that much credit. Ill never spend more than 2,000 in a month!

Message 91 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey HoneyRock! Great work! I remember when you first started gardening. Smiley Happy

Do any of your other cards have 0% or low APR offers? I would go that route first before giving up your soon-to-be palladium spade! Smiley Very Happy

Message 92 of 625
HoneyRock
New Contributor

Hey Bella07... Thanks a bunch.  I have another card with a lower interest rate but the credit limit is just a small fraction of my large card.  BTW.... I pulled the soft pull trigger for one of my CC (not department store cards) and I got the increase.  YAY!!!! but again, not nearly as close to the large balance I'm looking to have placed on a low limit loan OR another CC.  So far my thoughts are a slow pay off so I can just stay in the garden but all thoughts and suggestions are apprecited.  I'm in here for a reason so I will always be open to suggestions that will help  Smiley Happy

Discharged Chp7: 1/15
CreditKarmaFako 1/18: TU745 EQ744
FICOSCORE8 8/17: EX640 EQ621 TU642
CardsInWallet: 10 Credit Cards | 14 Store Cards | 100k Club as of 1/22/2018
Opened then Closed ~20 Store cards Jan 2016 totaling ~4k (I know SMH) | Boatload of INQ's | Last HP 03/22/18
**** Focused On The Garden for 24 months (Working towards a mortgage & continuous Free Flowing SP CLI's)****
Message 93 of 625
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Gardenining is all and well HoneyRock but if you"re paying 10k at 30% apr, yikes, i think it would be prudent or at least entertain options to find a cheaper way to pay it off. But only if it doesnt cost you more money lolSmiley Wink.

Hey Bella, last weekend i had free Hbo so i was able to record 1st 2 eps of GOT ! OMG awesome to say the least. Wonder if they take Amex?( hee hee, so this cant go to sbSmiley Wink
Message 94 of 625
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys and girls.

Guess who has today off from job A?  Smiley Happy

Honestly, I had forgotten that I had requested it... never got an approval or denial email, was updating my time card yesterday and saw that I have eight hours of PTO today and nothing on my calendar.  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Lots to do around the home front tho...and I'll go to job B this afternoon.

Hope you're all off to a good start! 

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 95 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Checking in for August!

Committed to the garden, and letting my accounts age and grow. Looking forward to staying planted for a while! 

Garden strong everyone! Smiley Happy

+1..me tooo.....Smiley Happy

Message 96 of 625
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Hey!  Here's something I don't get to say often...

DW got a soft pull CLI this morning!  Woot!  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 97 of 625
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Happy Friday morning gang. My Open Sky reported a zero balance and my score went up 20 points. This credit stuff is easy. 

My NFCU card reported a larger than normal balance and it didn't change anything. It wasn't crazy but it was hovering around 50%. Gotta get that worked out next bonus check. But on the other side that IS my daily driver and all that. 

Hope everyone is doing well. I had one hard pull for my new apartment and a soft pull for ulities since I was already a customer. That one was a pleasant surprise. Just couting down until two more weeks when I can ask NFCu for a CLI. And maybe a second card to replace my Open Sky. Until then I'm gonna go eat some dirt or something. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 98 of 625
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HoneyRock wrote:

Hey Bella07... Thanks a bunch.  I have another card with a lower interest rate but the credit limit is just a small fraction of my large card.  BTW.... I pulled the soft pull trigger for one of my CC (not department store cards) and I got the increase.  YAY!!!! but again, not nearly as close to the large balance I'm looking to have placed on a low limit loan OR another CC.  So far my thoughts are a slow pay off so I can just stay in the garden but all thoughts and suggestions are apprecited.  I'm in here for a reason so I will always be open to suggestions that will help  Smiley Happy

Thank you for now inspiring me to garden!

Boy, it would be so good to get that balance on a lower APR. I see AJC had some thoughts, and I agree with him, but that is a decision you have to make as to which route you want to go, being slow paydown or getting that balance on a lower APR one way or another. Smiley Happy

Message 99 of 625
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Gardening is very important.....

WINTER IS COMING!!!!!!

Smiley Happy
Message 100 of 625
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.