Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2018

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - August 2018

@expatCanuck wrote:

Open mike tonight.  Wonder if I have time to work up a cover of Neun und neunzig Luftballons?

Smiley Wink

Bitte!

Message 2481 of 4,597
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@tcbofade wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous I need my cheeseburger back

Speaking of cheeseburgers, DD and DW are out this evening and have threatened to bring food home with them...

Do I invest in a pizza, go find my own cheeseburger, or wait and see what they think of later?

Decisions a happy husband just cannot make without fear of causing an unhappy wife...

Tried to drown my sorrows in taco bell tacos, but they were sadder than me.

PhotoGrid_1534290289564.jpg

Message 2482 of 4,597
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Tru dat.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 2483 of 4,597
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

You know how some people have swear jars?  Maybe we need an app jar.

Message 2484 of 4,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

No @Anonymous and no @AverageJoesCredit.  I'm too tired for arts and crafts, so someone else will need to run with the edit:

adkins_milk_carton.png

I’m sure they are working on their Never24 rulebook.  

Message 2485 of 4,597
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I have some official Garden Club News...

In September, the Garden Club thread will be moving to Personal Finance!  screamer.gif

Having the Garden Club in 'Credit Cards' is somewhat akin to having an AA meeting in the front of a bar, and having the thread in a forum that's not presenting constant temptation will help those who are genuinely serious about gardening.  Basically, it's just a better fit there.

Also, we've become a bit relaxed with app/approval chatter, including "redactions", something that's partially my fault.  Once the Garden Club is in the new location we're going to try a bit harder to keep to the 'spirit' of the Garden Club (and not just the 'rule') when it comes to app talk.  Smiley Happy 

In other words, it will be fine to share a link to your approval thread (as it is today) but anyone who posts about an app, approval, or "redaction" will likely find themselves the owner of a new thread on the appropriate board.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2486 of 4,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

In September, the Garden Club thread will be moving to Personal Finance!  screamer.gif

Having the Garden Club in 'Credit Cards' is somewhat akin to having an AA meeting in the front of a bar, and having the thread in a forum that's not presenting constant temptation will help those who are genuinely serious about gardening.  Basically, it's just a better fit there.

Also, we've become a bit relaxed with app/approval chatter, including "redactions", something that's partially my fault.  Once the Garden Club is in the new location we're going to try a bit harder to keep to the 'spirit' of the Garden Club (and not just the 'rule') when it comes to app talk.  Smiley Happy 

In other words, it will be fine to share a link to your approval thread (as it is today) but anyone who posts about an app, approval, or "redaction" will likely find themselves the owner of a new thread in the appropriate board.  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the heads up!

Message 2487 of 4,597
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

In other words, it will be fine to share a link to your approval thread (as it is today) but anyone who posts about an app, approval, or "redaction" will likely find themselves the owner of a new thread in the appropriate board.  Smiley Very Happy

Makes perfect sense.  And "redaction" is more than partially my fault.  That was a comedy bit gone wrong.  Not Michael Richards wrong, but still wrong.  Now how do we sticky a post in the middle of a thread?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2488 of 4,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so.. bff gets a text today from the landlords wife

just so you know DS will be moving into the apartment and will be there tomoro cleaning the rugs

ok first off.. why does she care? is this a dig at her lack of cleaning? seriously last we knew you were giving it back to the bank! second yes we all know hes getting divorced but dude owns his own HVAC company why does he need your apartment that your giving back to the bank? hes probably saving the house for a THIRD time and taking over...

omg for sure the right time to be getting out of here!
Message 2489 of 4,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

In other words, it will be fine to share a link to your approval thread (as it is today) but anyone who posts about an app, approval, or "redaction" will likely find themselves the owner of a new thread on the appropriate board.  Smiley Very Happy

This is awesome! And I whole heartedly agree about pre-approvals, apps etc discussions in the garden is a no-no. 

Message 2490 of 4,597
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.