Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2018

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - August 2018

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I have some official Garden Club News...

In September, the Garden Club thread will be moving to Personal Finance!  screamer.gif

Having the Garden Club in 'Credit Cards' is somewhat akin to having an AA meeting in the front of a bar, and having the thread in a forum that's not presenting constant temptation will help those who are genuinely serious about gardening.  Basically, it's just a better fit there.

Also, we've become a bit relaxed with app/approval chatter, including "redactions", something that's partially my fault.  Once the Garden Club is in the new location we're going to try a bit harder to keep to the 'spirit' of the Garden Club (and not just the 'rule') when it comes to app talk.  Smiley Happy 

In other words, it will be fine to share a link to your approval thread (as it is today) but anyone who posts about an app, approval, or "redaction" will likely find themselves the owner of a new thread in the appropriate board.  Smiley Very Happy

Makes perfect sense.  And "redaction" is more than partially my fault.  That was a comedy bit gone wrong.  Not Michael Richards wrong, but still wrong.  Now how do we sticky a post in the middle of a thread?  Smiley Very Happy

LOL... not at all, my friend... I'll let you own the comedy bit, I'll own the part about it getting out-of-hand.  In any case it's all good now.  Smiley Very Happy

Speaking of sticky posts, I'll be putting one in the Credit Cards board closer to the end of the month to let the folks who only check in monthly know that we're moving.  Hopefully nobody will get (too) lost... Smiley Very Happy

Message 2491 of 4,597
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

In September, the Garden Club thread will be moving to Personal Finance!  screamer.gif

Having the Garden Club in 'Credit Cards' is somewhat akin to having an AA meeting in the front of a bar, and having the thread in a forum that's not presenting constant temptation will help those who are genuinely serious about gardening.  Basically, it's just a better fit there.

Also, we've become a bit relaxed with app/approval chatter, including "redactions", something that's partially my fault.  Once the Garden Club is in the new location we're going to try a bit harder to keep to the 'spirit' of the Garden Club (and not just the 'rule') when it comes to app talk.  Smiley Happy 

In other words, it will be fine to share a link to your approval thread (as it is today) but anyone who posts about an app, approval, or "redaction" will likely find themselves the owner of a new thread on the appropriate board.  Smiley Very Happy

I didnt know you could post links to approval threads. Wouldn't that be one of the biggest things we shouldn't be doing.

Message 2492 of 4,597
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Having the Garden Club in 'Credit Cards' is somewhat akin to having an AA meeting in the front of a bar, and having the thread in a forum that's not presenting constant temptation will help those who are genuinely serious about gardening.  Basically, it's just a better fit there...

A valid point...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2493 of 4,597
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

In other words, it will be fine to share a link to your approval thread (as it is today) but anyone who posts about an app, approval, or "redaction" will likely find themselves the owner of a new thread on the appropriate board.  Smiley Very Happy

I didnt know you could post links to approval threads. Wouldn't that be one of the biggest things we shouldn't be doing.

Links are fine...so long as you warn us.  Smiley Happy

Message 2494 of 4,597
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

This is awesome! And I whole heartedly agree about pre-approvals, apps etc discussions in the garden is a no-no. 

I genuinely think it will be better... same thread, same people (possibly even some new ones?), just new location.  Smiley Very Happy

I'm going to really commit to doing my part going forward to keep app/approval talk away (since I'm in the thread often myself). 

Of course anybody can flag a post that doesn't belong even if I'm not around and another mod will take care of it as well.  I do have to sleep occasionally, after all!  Smiley Tongue  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2495 of 4,597
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

We've always allowed a link to another part of the forum (even an approvals thread), what we don't want is a discussion of the application or approval itself to take place hereSmiley Wink

Message 2496 of 4,597
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
ok so.. bff gets a text today from the landlords wife

just so you know DS will be moving into the apartment and will be there tomoro cleaning the rugs

ok first off.. why does she care? is this a dig at her lack of cleaning? seriously last we knew you were giving it back to the bank! second yes we all know hes getting divorced but dude owns his own HVAC company why does he need your apartment that your giving back to the bank? hes probably saving the house for a THIRD time and taking over...

omg for sure the right time to be getting out of here!

It's Tuesday... are you still on for Friday???

Message 2497 of 4,597
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Forgot to mention that a few days ago, on the 10th, my youngest daughter turned 18. This is important, as I have no more minor children and am therefore not obligated to let them hang around.

Makes formerly empty threats full of new meaning.

Message 2498 of 4,597
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

Forgot to mention that a few days ago, on the 10th, my youngest daughter turned 18. This is important, as I have no more minor children and am therefore not obligated to let them hang around.

Makes formerly empty threats full of new meaning.

LOL.  We have an 18 year old in our home as well... we don't threaten her TOO much...

Message 2499 of 4,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
ok so.. bff gets a text today from the landlords wife

just so you know DS will be moving into the apartment and will be there tomoro cleaning the rugs

ok first off.. why does she care? is this a dig at her lack of cleaning? seriously last we knew you were giving it back to the bank! second yes we all know hes getting divorced but dude owns his own HVAC company why does he need your apartment that your giving back to the bank? hes probably saving the house for a THIRD time and taking over...

omg for sure the right time to be getting out of here!

It's Tuesday... are you still on for Friday???

yea thought i would get call today but bff got call on friday and closed on tuesday so i will get call tomoro

Message 2500 of 4,597
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.