tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2017

@Anonymous wrote:

@bluntco wrote:
Good morning from Colorado! Supposed to be 57 today. I'll live
My Experian dropped 5 Inquiries, score stayed the same. However, my USAA credit score which is also Experian, went down 63 points. I'm really confused. There is a solid 82 points difference in those scores.
I promised myself ill do better this month with no HP triggers, no new TL. I'll get back to my bronze spade on Dec 25th.
Happy December folks!

So sorry to hear about the 63-point drop! That sucks.

I don't believe USAA provides monthly FICO scores there. The monthly score updates are Vantage while the yearly ones are FICO 08/09 not too sure which one it is they give to customers.

Message 61 of 4,148
bluntco
Valued Contributor

So, the USAA one isn't the true one? I pay for Experian monitoring and it has always been accurate. I'll disregard the lower one at USAA. I was just shocked because it makes zero sense!
Just like my TU ck is a good 70 points less then what it really is.
I'm struggling to decide on making a large purchase of a new washer and dryer. Our sears store is closing and the price cuts are deep! I would have to use a 0% offer, as I won't be able to pif for a few months. Decisions.....
Message 62 of 4,148
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@bluntco wrote:
So, the USAA one isn't the true one? I pay for Experian monitoring and it has always been accurate. I'll disregard the lower one at USAA. I was just shocked because it makes zero sense!
Just like my TU ck is a good 70 points less then what it really is.
I'm struggling to decide on making a large purchase of a new washer and dryer. Our sears store is closing and the price cuts are deep! I would have to use a 0% offer, as I won't be able to pif for a few months. Decisions.....

Utilization is a temporary thing. As long as you pay it off before the 0% rate is over, you're good! A good deal is a good deal, even better if you need what's on sale.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 63 of 4,148
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yeah, because that's the only way I can see where there is a large discrepancy between the monitoring service you're paying for and USAA's version. Just treat it like CK scores and you'll be fine.

Message 64 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:

I'm actually going to be very busy at work for the next few hours, so y'all play nice in the garden! I'll pop back in after lunch (or between tests if I have a moment!). 

ill be very bored at work the next few hours so.. i'll take your spot ;-)

Message 65 of 4,148
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

I'm actually going to be very busy at work for the next few hours, so y'all play nice in the garden! I'll pop back in after lunch (or between tests if I have a moment!). 

ill be very bored at work the next few hours so.. i'll take your spot ;-)

Go for it! 😁

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 66 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning everyone, hope everyone is doing well. I've been away for a couple of days, but I am excited to pick up my Silver spade this month. I checked my EX Fico scores today and it has gone up 8 points since November, placing me in the "Very Good" tier, so I am happy that the gardening is paying off. Hopefully, by next spring I would be in a better position to apply for a Visa Signature card with a good APR. As much as I love December and the holidays, it is also the month where temptations are at it's highest, so garden strong and garden hard everyone. 

Message 67 of 4,148
bluntco
Valued Contributor

@sasha... did you get your open enrollment?

I just interviewed a lady who was left with 000.00 after 31 years of marriage.

This is why I push myself to be independent, even if I'm happily ever after
This is also when my wacky credit OCD makes sense.

I'm going to buy that washer and dryer I think. Even on their website it's showing @$1149 each, at the store, they are $699 each.
Message 68 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bluntco wrote:
@Anonymous... did you get your open enrollment?

yea all signed up.. ha!  the rumor mill still says we're getting laid off after the first of the year............

Message 69 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

oo oo since its the 1st i just remembered to check my experian.. my score went up 3 points from 666 to 669. whew, yay, and hehe! (sorry can't help myself!)

edit: message 70 on page 7 - woo!

Message 70 of 4,148
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.