Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - February 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - February 2016

Checking in! Didnt kick the bucket or anything, been a little busy planning a bday trip and visiting with mom who will be here until the 9th. Not so much incentive for credit related issues so havent been around much. Alls well in my world of credit. Last inq Dec 5th...pretty sure that was it but ill double check. No apps or inqs in 2016 is the only goal. Have a great day folks! Smiley Happy
Message 31 of 1,009
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Be two months on the 4th of this month.. Baby steps Smiley Tongue

Message 32 of 1,009
jpope1294
Valued Member

Time to go  to the garden.  Checking in for February.  I was successful by increasing total TL from $3,300 to $8,000 during the month of January.  It is now time to see if the scores will increase.  I was also able to pay collections down from 6 reporting to 3.  Hopefully, report will update soon and I see a score change.  

Thanks for all the knowledge.  This group has really provided me with the information necessary to see a positive change in my credit history.

Current scores (2/1/2016):

EQ: 589

TU:614

EX: 599

Message 33 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy February Gardners,

The closer I get to clean reports the antsier I get. I think having little mini goals has been helpful to me, but the cleaner my reports get the more my momentum slows down. I was going to try to call Ex this morning, as I am now 2 months from my judgement drop off date and I chickened out.  I’ll call tomorrow. I'm hoping the closer I get to the judgement fall off date the more likely I think they’ll be to take it off. I also read in the forum the Eq will just drop it a month early anyway.

Message 34 of 1,009
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Checking in! Didnt kick the bucket or anything, been a little busy planning a bday trip and visiting with mom who will be here until the 9th. Not so much incentive for credit related issues so havent been around much. Alls well in my world of credit. Last inq Dec 5th...pretty sure that was it but ill double check. No apps or inqs in 2016 is the only goal. Have a great day folks! Smiley Happy

It kinda felt odd that you didnt check in hence the questions about your absence. Good to hear you are alive and kicking.Smiley Very Happy

Message 35 of 1,009
torry590
Regular Contributor

Checking in for February!!! Still gardening! 

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 36 of 1,009
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

I woke up this morning to 100% CLEAN REPORTS! The last baddie fell off my Equifax and gave me a 36 point boost. I'm so happy and grateful to have been able to rehab and rebuild my reports and scores over the last 18 months. It was a lot of hard work and PATIENCE. Which I don't have in lengthy supply normally, lol. I made some mistakes along the way, but thankfully for this forum, not too many.

Thanks to everyone here who encouraged me either directly or with your own hard work and determination. I appreciated every bit of it and hopefully I can motivate someone else the way others have motivated me. I checked in to this place with scores in the 550s and all manner of baddies. Feels good, man.

Now to get back to $0 balances across the board in 2016, and hopefully a mortgage in 2017. Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i figured the only way I can keep myself accountable is to just put it out there.

Experian          Transunion          Equifax

1/2016                         2                      4                          3
12/2015                       1                      2                          4
10/2015                       0                      0                          1
9/2015                         0                      1                          0
6/2015                         1                      2                          2
4/2015                         1                      1                          1
2/2015                         0                      1                          0
1/2015                         0                      6                          8
9/2014                        1                       0                          0
8/2014                        1                       1                          1
4/2014                        1                       0                          0

My goal this year is to refinance my mortgage from a FHA 30 to conventional 15 once LTV gets better. other than that I probably just should be taking care of what I have.

To that end, I have focused my effots on helping my mom and SO on a path to better credit.

Good thing I picked shortest month of the year to get on the wagon...

Message 38 of 1,009
ddemari
Super Contributor

Last month was filled with its share of ups and downs for sure. After my comenity cards were closed I know I shouldn't really be seeking new credit but I did. I got two cards I wanted for a long time, banana republic instantly approved at register for 1000 temp limit and hard line of 7500 and discover it (secured haha) they never would give me the counter before but approved the app. So now I feel really happy with two cards in addition to many others I have. I closed out old navy and banana store cards. I plan on closing a few more cards come the next few months: bp visa, SAMs store card and AEO credit card. But I feel very content to be planted in garden on a Monday and it's the first of the month.
Message 39 of 1,009
Anonymous
Not applicable

My competitiveness has my butt here.  Bet made with Gibeon to not make any HP for credit including SCT and CLI. 

So...I'm here.  This time, I think he's holding firm and I am too so, here till 2017. This is gonna be a looooong year....

Last HP was Jan 19, 2016. For a Chase and BoA.

Message 40 of 1,009
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.