Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - February 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - February 2018

wrote:

Oddly enough, while not an immigrant, I have some Phillipine history in my family as well.

Grandmother was a nurse stationed there at the end of WW2.  Grandfather was a Chaplain stationed there at the end of WW2.  VJ day brought much celebration and partying across the world...

My mother was born in July of 1946.  YOU do the math...  Smiley Surprised

Wow, thanks to your family!  I'm a huge fan of our armed forces.

Message 1191 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
No Math allowed here until Mr K in Boston returnsSmiley Wink. Even then it better be purpleSmiley Wink

Uh-oh, I might have missed the math lessons. Catching up!

Message 1192 of 2,597
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sailors in the Phillippines? My hunch is

BOOKING DOT YEAHHHHHHSmiley Happy
Message 1193 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every bit helps, and I certainly started with dollars and not k's!

For me the Amex HYSA was not a HP to open, I presume because I already had a relationship with Amex. Honestly though I think the idea of a HP for any checking or savings product is rediclous.
Message 1194 of 2,597
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Let's see:

- I started my taxes and noticed one of the W-2s was very, very wrong. I'm currently searching for old pay stubs (I rarely printed them out) to corraboratee their screw-up. Work is searching on their end for contact information (we no longer use that system and can't access it anymore.) I'm pissed. 

- Thr kid's sick tody, and is chilling at grandma's house. Her temperature is high enough it'll warrant a trip to the pediatrician's office if it doesn't stay down. It keeps yo-yoing up & down. 

- I was feeling the vibe and asked for an increase to $500 on the Amazon store card. And got it. I'm not touching anything else though. 

It's been a meh kinda week. 

Hope the kiddie gets betterSmiley Happy Weve missed ya AddieSmiley Happy

Thanks! I just got a text her fever is spiking again, so me thinks it's going to be a long night. I missed y'all too! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1195 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Atkins when you say spiking, how high are we talking? Above 103?
I'm assuming you're giving Tylenol, for her age what like 5ml. Is it bringing her temp down to below 100 but not keeping it there or is it refusing to come down at all?

You can give ibuprofen IN ADDITION to Tylenol, and since they have different dosing schedules you can do -
Tylenol 160mg/5ml @ 5ml q4 prn + ibuprofen100mg/5ml @ 1.2-5ml (5ml if she's 2 & or above 24lbs) q6 prn

Which is nursing speak for "a toddler dose of Tylenol every 4 hours as needed AND an infant or toddler dose of ibuprofen every 6 hours as needed". Note that those times are irrespective of each other, so every 4 hours since last Tylenol dose regardless of when you gave ibuprofen and every 6 hours since last ibuprofen regardless of when you gave Tylenol.

Of course I don't know her history & don't have her chart in front of me so as always, I am not your doctor please consult your peds office nurse help line first!
but I suspect they will likely tell you the same unless her temp rises above 104/5 or she's got history that factors in. Hope she gets better soon! Our guys got a nagging cough & runny nose going on 2 weeks now but thankfully only had 2 days of elevated temp. Just wish it would clear entirely before Disney starting Saturday
Message 1196 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adkins, sending well wishes to your little one from her MFing honorary aunt in CA.

Message 1197 of 2,597
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Atkins when you say spiking, how high are we talking? Above 103?
I'm assuming you're giving Tylenol, for her age what like 5ml. Is it bringing her temp down to below 100 but not keeping it there or is it refusing to come down at all?

You can give ibuprofen IN ADDITION to Tylenol, and since they have different dosing schedules you can do -
@Tylenol 160mg/5ml @ 5ml q4 prn + ibuprofen100mg/5ml @ 1.2-5ml (5ml if she's 2 & or above 24lbs) q6 prn

Which is nursing speak for "a toddler dose of Tylenol every 4 hours as needed AND an infant or toddler dose of ibuprofen every 6 hours as needed". Note that those times are irrespective of each other, so every 4 hours since last Tylenol dose regardless of when you gave ibuprofen and every 6 hours since last ibuprofen regardless of when you gave Tylenol.

Of course I don't know her history & don't have her chart in front of me so as always, I am not your doctor please consult your peds office nurse help line first!
but I suspect they will likely tell you the same unless her temp rises above 104/5 or she's got history that factors in. Hope she gets better soon! Our guys got a nagging cough & runny nose going on 2 weeks now but thankfully only had 2 days of elevated temp. Just wish it would clear entirely before Disney starting Saturday

+1

I'm no medical professional, but I can 'vouch' for the simultaneous/rotating doses of Tylenol and Ibuprofen. 

As the oldest kid in a rather large family, I remember all-to-well my folks using that combo on one of the little ones when they had a fever that didn't break with Tylenol. 

We lived out in the 'boonies' so a trip to the doctor was always last-resort (and thankfully wasn't needed often).

Message 1198 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
@Anonymous hope you recorded that call! Otherwise? As the magic 8ball say "outlook not so good". But all the same certainly pursue the complaint route

There are some tricks however that might help. This was a medical account?

They have a recording of the call, get a subpena for it i guess.  Not a medical account unfortunately.   

Message 1199 of 2,597
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I don't have a cat! *giggles madly and runs to straddle the garden fence*

NO NO NO,  they just reinstalled the electr...  *ZAP*      ohh, thats gonna leave a mark.  Smiley LOL

Message 1200 of 2,597
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.