Garden Club - July 2018

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - July 2018

@Meanmchine wrote:

Happy July everyone

Its a new quarter so hopefully the Gods of Penfed are gonna smile on us

Oh, that's right... this is a new quarter; my poor Discover card will be able to come out again for restaurants!  Smiley Very Happy

(My Cash+ does 5% for most places I eat (fast food), but I prefer Discover when it's a restaurant quarter since I don't have to worry about if a places codes as fast food vs. restaurant.)

Message 21 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Happy July everyone

^^This!!!

I wont hold my breath, i dont forsee the Penfed gods opening up to me just yet. Good luck to all the rest of you tho. 

I don't either, but I was just being hopeful. Everybody (creditwise) hates me right now. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Happy July everyone

Oh, that's right... this is a new quarter; my poor Discover card will be able to come out again for restaurants!  Smiley Very Happy

(My Cash+ does 5% for most places I eat (fast food), but I prefer Discover when it's a restaurant quarter since I don't have to worry about if a places codes as fast food vs. restaurant.)

+1 I will take my Disco out of the SD now! Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is actually going to be a very... benchmark month.  Ill hit 6 months (gold) on new accounts/inqs, that eliminates the new account penalty, about 10 inquiries from last year go past the one year mark, my oldest account age will pass 18 months though i know that doesnt mean anything until 24, my AAoA will tick over 13 months, giving me some wiggle room...

Disco Amex and PaypalMC all hit the six month mark meaning its time for some requested CLIs or for my Amex to graduate, either way, those two toy limits should bump up this month...

It also means two months to go until the biggest month of the year for my cards (september) since that is the year mark for over half of them, and the next CLI attempt for like... five cards.

>_> mo money mo money

Message 24 of 4,006
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Oh, I didn't even think about 5% categories.  Discover it and USB Cash+ are both relegated to balance transfers for the time being.  I'll probably use Chase Freedom for 5 URs per dollar on fuel (in the US, but not in Canada - I've gotta remember that) but right now I'm focused on hitting $75k spend on my Starwood card as fast as possible without cheating.

Message 25 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Happy July everyone

^^This!!!

I wont hold my breath, i dont forsee the Penfed gods opening up to me just yet. Good luck to all the rest of you tho. 

I don't either, but I was just being hopeful. Everybody (creditwise) hates me right now. Smiley Happy

Same here, but i did it to myself as well.   too much too fast... but i know better now. Smiley Happy  

Message 26 of 4,006
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is actually going to be a very... benchmark month.  Ill hit 6 months (gold) on new accounts/inqs, that eliminates the new account penalty, about 10 inquiries from last year go past the one year mark, my oldest account age will pass 18 months though i know that doesnt mean anything until 24, my AAoA will tick over 13 months, giving me some wiggle room...

Disco Amex and PaypalMC all hit the six month mark meaning its time for some requested CLIs or for my Amex to graduate, either way, those two toy limits should bump up this month...

It also means two months to go until the biggest month of the year for my cards (september) since that is the year mark for over half of them, and the next CLI attempt for like... five cards.

>_> mo money mo money

Sounds like July and September are both going to be huge.  Can't wait to read about your triumphs!  Big bucks, no whammies, and stop (apping)!

eUke3rSh.jpg

Message 27 of 4,006
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Checking in for July! All is well in credit land. I am staying cool in NYC today, it's going to be 100 degreesSmiley Surprised

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 28 of 4,006
QCS123
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i was still reading june when it changed lol 

I was too.  It was odd, we were on page 387 (or something) and even though it said last page it kept letting me click NEXT to the next page of posts, it did this for 3 pages but never changed the actual page number....so what was the final number of pages, was it correct?  Wondering since Uncle B was able to tell page numbers historically.

Message 29 of 4,006
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Happy July everyone

I didnt know there was a difference

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 30 of 4,006
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.