UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - July 2018

@Meanmchine wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Happy July everyone

Its a new quarter so hopefully the Gods of Penfed are gonna smile on us

Oh, that's right... this is a new quarter; my poor Discover card will be able to come out again for restaurants!  Smiley Very Happy

(My Cash+ does 5% for most places I eat (fast food), but I prefer Discover when it's a restaurant quarter since I don't have to worry about if a places codes as fast food vs. restaurant.)

I didnt know there was a difference

Yep, there is for the Cash+.  Smiley Frustrated

Most of the places I frequent are coded as 'fast food' so it's really not an issue, but occasionally there's a surprise; for me it's my local Arby's, which uses the MCC for 'restaurants'. 

I have 'restaurants' set as my 2% category so it's not a big deal (pennies in my case), but with Discover they are both 5% so there's less to think about.  Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone!

im a new seedling. Today is my first day in the garden.

I fell off the wagon yesterday after nearly a year of being app free. Yesterday I stumbled...I picked up 3 new cards totaling to 43k in new CL’s  Yesterday.

i think I’m addicted to credit. Not using it per se, but having large CL’s available to me. 

Anyway.. my garden goal is one year app free/hard pull free. I will have will power. I can do this!

Welcome, Nylocal1! Glad to have you aboard! I'm shooting for 1 year at 5.25.2019. We can do this! Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For those who make it 6 months Long Island Tea all day long served in the corner on  the 4th

My 6 months will be November 25. Can I still play? 

You will have to write a presentation and present it about its good to atleast 6 months between apps.  

Message 43 of 4,006
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Word! BoA sent me a push notification that I had a new score. I hope this hasn’t dropped in the past 11 days.

1F0A1C30-F1CE-4CE4-949A-82D161F9B68A.jpeg

Fingers are set to the "crossed" position

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 44 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For those who make it 6 months Long Island Tea all day long served in the corner on  the 4th

My 6 months will be November 25. Can I still play? 

You will have to write a presentation and present it about its good to atleast 6 months between apps.  

Too much work. I can make my own Long Island Iced Tea! Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 4,006
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone!

im a new seedling. Today is my first day in the garden.

I fell off the wagon yesterday after nearly a year of being app free. Yesterday I stumbled...I picked up 3 new cards totaling to 43k in new CL’s  Yesterday.

i think I’m addicted to credit. Not using it per se, but having large CL’s available to me. 

Anyway.. my garden goal is one year app free/hard pull free. I will have will power. I can do this!

Hi @Anonymous, and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif 

I have added the seedling to your signature for you.  Smiley Wink

We're a lively bunch (especially on the 1st of the month)... pull up a chair and stay a while!  Smiley Very Happy

--UB

Message 46 of 4,006
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Word! BoA sent me a push notification that I had a new score. I hope this hasn’t dropped in the past 11 days.

1F0A1C30-F1CE-4CE4-949A-82D161F9B68A.jpeg

Whoo-hoo!!  Great job!!  screamer.gif

Message 47 of 4,006
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@QCS123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i was still reading june when it changed lol 

I was too.  It was odd, we were on page 387 (or something) and even though it said last page it kept letting me click NEXT to the next page of posts, it did this for 3 pages but never changed the actual page number....so what was the final number of pages, was it correct?  Wondering since Uncle B was able to tell page numbers historically.

I got the first post of July by going to the Credit Cards forum and refreshing until I saw the July 2018 thread show up. I expect more competition next month! 

LOL... I'm glad I wasn't late this month!  Smiley Surprised  Smiley Tongue

(I wish I were smart enough to automate it, but so far I've not dropped the ball.)

Message 48 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@QCS123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was too.  It was odd, we were on page 387 (or something) and even though it said last page it kept letting me click NEXT to the next page of posts, it did this for 3 pages but never changed the actual page number....so what was the final number of pages, was it correct?  Wondering since Uncle B was able to tell page numbers historically.

I got the first post of July by going to the Credit Cards forum and refreshing until I saw the July 2018 thread show up. I expect more competition next month! 

(I wish I were smart enough to automate it, but so far I've not dropped the ball.)

You were right on the money, UncleB! I kept thinking you might be a minute early, but right on the dot! Impressive! Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 4,006
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@QCS123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You were right on the money, UncleB! I kept thinking you might be a minute early, but right on the dot! Impressive! Smiley Happy

LOL... thanks!

I have to 'build' the post in another forum first with less-strict HTML edits, then 'move' it to the Credit Cards forum.  That's why it sometimes takes an extra minute (sometimes the system is slow with thread moves). 

I need the less-strict edits for the centering... for some reason, the edits don't allow centering to work correctly when posting in the public areas (but once posted elsewhere you can 'move' the post and the centering remains).

Message 50 of 4,006
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.