Did you mean: 

Garden Club - July 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - July 2018

@UncleB wrote:
Yep, there is for the Cash+.  Smiley Frustrated

Most of the places I frequent are coded as 'fast food' so it's really not an issue, but occasionally there's a surprise; for me it's my local Arby's, which uses the MCC for 'restaurants'. 

I have 'restaurants' set as my 2% category so it's not a big deal (pennies in my case), but with Discover they are both 5% so there's less to think about.  Smiley Happy

Cash+ is the next goal card for me (5% Utilities)  but you have to be clean 6 months before they will even look at you.  almost a month down, but i'm going to keep going as long as i can with it. 

Message 61 of 4,006
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous you mean 2nd post.  Unless you're planning a coup d'etat?

LOL... it's happened before!  If the mods are all busy or they forget occasionally the new Garden Club thread has been started by a CL!  Smiley Very Happy

(Your's truly started the new Garden Club thread several times as CL.)

Message 62 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@QCS123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i was still reading june when it changed lol 

I was too.  It was odd, we were on page 387 (or something) and even though it said last page it kept letting me click NEXT to the next page of posts, it did this for 3 pages but never changed the actual page number....so what was the final number of pages, was it correct?  Wondering since Uncle B was able to tell page numbers historically.

I got the first post of July by going to the Credit Cards forum and refreshing until I saw the July 2018 thread show up. I expect more competition next month! 

Deal..  this was the first time i've been on page 1.   new gardening goal to be the first post in Aug lol 

Awesome! I welcome the challenge, Jago22!

Message 63 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Bostonwrote:

first post after the rules post, but I will start planning that, right after i google what it means  Smiley LOL  J/K

Message 64 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

LOL... it's happened before!  If the mods are all busy or they forget occasionally the new Garden Club thread has been started by a CL!  Smiley Very Happy

(Your's truly started the new Garden Club thread several times as CL.)

Does that mean i can be a CL? Smiley Wink

Message 65 of 4,006
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Bostonwrote:

first post after the rules post, but I will start planning that, right after i google what it means  Smiley LOL  J/K

Smiley Very Happy I was totally just thinking, "He hasn't responded yet.  I bet we lost him to Wikipedia." 

Just one more article and I'll close this tab, I swear!  Ooh, "the history of handmade Amish swimwear!" <click>

Message 66 of 4,006
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Bostonwrote:

Smiley Very Happy I was totally just thinking, "He hasn't responded yet.  I bet we lost him to Wikipedia." 

Just one more article and I'll close this tab, I swear!  Ooh, "the history of handmade Amish swimwear!" <click>

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can get lost in Wikipedia for hours at a time!  Smiley Embarassed  Smiley Tongue

Message 67 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Bostonwrote:

smiley-laughing021.gif   I totally did that eariler today, i was looking up and old movie that had george burns and got in a loop of pages of stars that passed away this year, and then stars that you didnt know passed away..   there was a few on there i didnt know about. 

Message 68 of 4,006
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes we can!!!

i was doing so well....only 3 months away from being at 4/24 (I wanted to app for chase ink) then yesterday I ruined my chances. Now I have to wait until next July. 

i felt like an alcoholic who had been sober then decided to just have “one drink”

into the garden i go..

Welcome to the forums and to the Garden.  I assure you, most of us have (or continue to be) there.  You may see a blue recycling bin floating around full of seedlings and bronze spades (1 month credit sober); that was my badge of shame for a while.

(Slow knowingly head nod with a low whisper “yesss”).

Message 69 of 4,006
QCS123
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@QCS123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i was still reading june when it changed lol 

I was too.  It was odd, we were on page 387 (or something) and even though it said last page it kept letting me click NEXT to the next page of posts, it did this for 3 pages but never changed the actual page number....so what was the final number of pages, was it correct?  Wondering since Uncle B was able to tell page numbers historically.

That happens when people are adding posts faster than you can read the page and click <next>.  Smiley Happy

We ended up with 387 pages for June (if your settings are for 10 messages per page).  Smiley Very Happy

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

Message 70 of 4,006
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.