Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - July 2018

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - July 2018

All right, enough silliness...I have to go back to work.

Welcome home Addie, we missed you.  Heart

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1331 of 4,006
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@RicHowe wrote:

Breaking  News!  Walmart is considering moving its branded credit-card business to Capital One Financial Corp. from Synchrony Financial

You heard it here first! Link in the Credit News forum.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  Assuming it were to happen (which is very 'iffy' for the moment) it would be nice to have a lower Synchrony exposure, but on the other hand Capital One isn't exactly known for easy CLIs on their co-brand cards - quite the opposite, actually.

If it were to actually happen, Synchrony's overseas Credit Solutions office will have to bring in people to work overtime in the days leading up to the changeover.  Smiley Surprised  Smiley Tongue

Message 1332 of 4,006
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

↑ What he <edit: thanks a lot @UncleB Smiley Tongue@tcbofade said!  She's also likely broken the record for most Kudos given in a single day.

Message 1333 of 4,006
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

↑ What he <edit: thanks a lot @UncleB Smiley Tongue@tcbofade said!  She's also likely broken the record for most Kudos given in a single day.

Who, me??Who, me??

Message 1334 of 4,006
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@RicHowe wrote:

Breaking  News!  Walmart is considering moving its branded credit-card business to Capital One Financial Corp. from Synchrony Financial

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  Assuming it were to happen (which is very 'iffy' for the moment) it would be nice to have a lower Synchrony exposure, but on the other hand Capital One isn't exactly known for easy CLIs on their co-brand cards - quite the opposite, actually.

If it were to actually happen, Synchrony's overseas Credit Solutions office will have to bring in people to work overtime in the days leading up to the changeover.  Smiley Surprised  Smiley Tongue

I get what you're saying. I must say though that I had no problem getting a CLI on my Cabela's Visa back in June. I think I may have even "left money on the table" since I got exactly what I asked for.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1335 of 4,006
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Where's Adkins?

My eyes aren't what they used to beSmiley Wink

If Wally goes to Cap One will be easy close for me. We cant even apply for Cap One here in PR. THEIR LOSSSmiley Wink
Message 1336 of 4,006
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Where's Adkins?

If Wally goes to Cap One will be easy close for me. We cant even apply for Cap One here in PR. THEIR LOSSSmiley Wink

I don' t see her either. Is she OK?

Message 1337 of 4,006
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Where's Adkins?

she's gotta be here somewhere. I sure missed her posts.

Message 1338 of 4,006
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@RicHowe wrote:

I get what you're saying. I must say though that I had no problem getting a CLI on my Cabela's Visa back in June. I think I may have even "left money on the table" since I got exactly what I asked for.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to imply that it doesn't happen at all with Capital One, but with Credit Solutions I was able to get $20k on my Sam's Club MC and $20k on my Lowe's... no fuss, no muss.  If you have a good TU, the sky's the limit. (Edited to clarify:  Obviously there's a "limit", but for most of us it's more than we'll ever need.)

The only thing keeping me from going higher on my CareCredit and Belk is that I just don't need it, and I want to leave room for other Synchrony cards should the "need" come up.  Smiley Wink

Message 1339 of 4,006
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

Where's Adkins?

I don' t see her either. Is she OK?

She's hosting the 2018 Kudoathon here in the GC.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1340 of 4,006
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.