Did you mean: 

Garden Club - June 2018

tag
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - June 2018

@Adkins wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

Just saw on "The Points Guy" site that Chase Freedom Q3 2018 categories: Lyft, Walgreens, Gas Stations (again?). Haven't seen anything official on Chase site yet, so unconfirmed.

Yeah, some other smaller site scooped everyone on the Q3 categories - there's a thread somewhere about it

I suppose gas stations would make sense as a "Summer" category, as people do travel, but I find it kind of annoying to do it twice in the same year. Kind of like having Chase Pay two quarters in a row. 

Message 1511 of 3,863
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning, everyone!  Missing you all MFs!  Been busy/behaving, and not ready for Japan trip end of this month!

@simplynoir, great planning!  I have to review SPG seminars!

@Adkins, I had Arby's Memorial Day Weekend on our way to San Diego!

Will chat up some more tomorrow.  Falling asleep!

Message 1512 of 3,863
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@iheartwings wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

Just saw on "The Points Guy" site that Chase Freedom Q3 2018 categories: Lyft, Walgreens, Gas Stations (again?). Haven't seen anything official on Chase site yet, so unconfirmed.

Yeah, some other smaller site scooped everyone on the Q3 categories - there's a thread somewhere about it

I suppose gas stations would make sense as a "Summer" category, as people do travel, but I find it kind of annoying to do it twice in the same year. Kind of like having Chase Pay two quarters in a row. 

I'm just glad to see them doing something different than Discover. I want them to always be different than Discover so that I have choices.

Message 1513 of 3,863
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys and girls!

Got out and mowed the lawn yesterday... high 80s, but the coolest afternoon of this week... mail was several ads and two more preapprovals that I wouldn't touch with someone elses ten foot pole....

It'll save us some dollars if we wait for DW's mid score to be over 700 before we refi... but rates are already rising, so we're undecided at the moment.  Still waiting on two of her CCs to report zero balances which might help with a few points, but it won't be 30. 

Right now, we're doing nothing and sitting quietly in our little corner of the garden.

I'm in for a long day...nothing ugly, just a lot to do...  Hope that you're all off to a good start!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1514 of 3,863
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning, everyone!  Missing you all MFs!  Been busy/behaving, and not ready for Japan trip end of this month!

What! Sleepless falling asleep? I've seen it allSmiley Happy. That's like seeing  Jago getting a recycle bin only to return it so he can get "Garden " creditSmiley Wink MIND BLOWN

Message 1515 of 3,863
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@iheartwings wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

Would have loved a restaurant category for this quarter as part a "summer" category.

Message 1516 of 3,863
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yo, let me know how that goes! While reading reviews and watching vids is great and all always nice to hear first-hand accounts from peeps I actually know. And lol there's no SPG seminar the Marriott points needed for this trip is a lot to say the least. Smiley LOL

Message 1517 of 3,863
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Also, good morning Austin! Only one meeting this morning and I'm off the rest of the day. Woo!

Message 1518 of 3,863
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

You know, we could make a pretty good soap opera with all the story lines here in the garden. Great that people can share a bit of their story here in a well-controlled environment with a supportive audience. You can do that in other places, but they typically get out of hand quickly because of rude people and some who insist on pushing agendas.

A fine garden, I think.

Well said. For the most part this is a judgement-free zone which I like. Pretty sure I've shared more here than on my Facebook though to be fair I hardly get on that at all. Very laid back which I like.

agree! i mean i am fairly active on my facebook but 99% of my "friends" dont even know we're in the middle of buying a house haha.. you know bad bad karma and all... lol

In a somewhat related note I asked my GF not to share the details (aka how we're "paying" for it) of our trip next March/April because I'm too worried I'll start getting spammed with requests/messages from people I don't know asking to help them out with the credit card world. I don't have time to deal with headaches like that. I am helping out her two friends because they're our friends and will do it for family if asked as well but that's the exent of my patience. Smiley LOL

Which is all fine and dandy as long as you get referral bonuses for steering them into the right cards.  Smiley Wink

Message 1519 of 3,863
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

You know, we could make a pretty good soap opera with all the story lines here in the garden. Great that people can share a bit of their story here in a well-controlled environment with a supportive audience. You can do that in other places, but they typically get out of hand quickly because of rude people and some who insist on pushing agendas.

A fine garden, I think.

Well said. For the most part this is a judgement-free zone which I like. Pretty sure I've shared more here than on my Facebook though to be fair I hardly get on that at all. Very laid back which I like.

agree! i mean i am fairly active on my facebook but 99% of my "friends" dont even know we're in the middle of buying a house haha.. you know bad bad karma and all... lol

In a somewhat related note I asked my GF not to share the details (aka how we're "paying" for it) of our trip next March/April because I'm too worried I'll start getting spammed with requests/messages from people I don't know asking to help them out with the credit card world. I don't have time to deal with headaches like that. I am helping out her two friends because they're our friends and will do it for family if asked as well but that's the exent of my patience. Smiley LOL

Which is all fine and dandy as long as you get referral bonuses for steering them into the right cards.  Smiley Wink

Ugh, and become as bad as TPG is no thanks. Smiley LOL

Message 1520 of 3,863
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.