Did you mean: 

Garden Club - June 2018

tag
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - June 2018

@A1Credit wrote:

Okay Garden Club I need help!  

I'm trying to decide which Disney World Theme park or Universal Park to go to during an upcoming trip to Orlando.  Magic Kingdom is a must but I'm having a hard time deciding on the others.  Should I skip the rest and go to Universal or what?  

Please help by telling me your favorite DW theme parks and why. TIA!!!

As a local Smiley Happy I can give you some pointers if I know a bit more:

• Are you going alone or with others?
  • What are the ages of everyone in the party?
  • How many days are you going to be paying my state taxes - I mean visiting our fair city Smiley Happy 
  • Where are you staying? 
  • Are you trying to maximise time at the parks, or do you expect any downtime?
  • When are you planning to visit?
Message 2631 of 3,863
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

@RicHowe wrote:

Today's Garden Discussion: Worst Candy Evercandy.jpg

Discuss!

On the contrary, licorice and tootsie rolls are 2 of the 5 best candies in history.
Message 2632 of 3,863
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I love Good and PlentySmiley Happy
Message 2633 of 3,863
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@RicHowe wrote:

Today's Garden Discussion: Worst Candy Evercandy.jpg

Discuss!

Can't stand black licorice

Message 2634 of 3,863
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Circus Peanuts are by far the worst. I love black licorice, but stopped eating it because I learned that it has some compound that causes heart attacks.

Google the info - it is scary **bleep**.

Message 2635 of 3,863
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@AppHappyTog wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

I'm trying to decide which Disney World Theme park or Universal Park to go to during an upcoming trip to Orlando.  Magic Kingdom is a must but I'm having a hard time deciding on the others.  Should I skip the rest and go to Universal or what?  

We went in January, only had a few days so we just did Magic Kindgom and Universal. We all enjoyed Universal soooo much more than Disney! If you go make sure you pay for the Universal version of the "Fast Pass" because the lines are insanely long. If you get the park to park passes, you can ride the Hogwarts express between the parks (ride both ways because each is a different scene).

Thanks for the info!  Which Universal Park did you go to and like the best?  I plan to go to 3 parks, one being Magic Kingdom so I need to narrow down the last 2.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 2636 of 3,863
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@RicHowe wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

• How many days are you going to be paying my state taxes - I mean visiting our fair city Smiley Happy 
  • Where are you staying? 

• I am going with family so kids ranging in 8-20 will be included with the adults
  • LOL I will be there for 5 days-well I'm only counting 4 since we will be living on the 5th day. We won't get to Orlando until around noon that first day.
  • I am still working on that but it will more than likely be a resort close to DW.  The resort hotels didn't fit what we needed at the right price
  • A little bit of both.  I want to get in at least 3 parks and downtime maybe on the 4th day.  I prefer to do a park a day since it just seems easier and more organized.
  • Trip is planned for mid Sept
***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 2637 of 3,863
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good grief...ONE busy night with the DW, and I've got twenty pages to catch up on...

Who gave Adkins a man card???  She's like 104 months pregnant...  just sayin...  Smiley Happy

I'm not a big believer in super customizing of cars, but to each their own...my very stock 2007 Ford Focus starts, runs, and drives just fine... and it's paid for.  Smiley Happy

Still waiting for results of latest redaction... hope to know more shortly.  (While they haven't said, "Yes" yet, they haven't said, "No" either...)

I'm home in between job A and job B and am tired enough that I might take a nap!

Y'all behave yourselves, or I'll take away Adkins man card...  Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2638 of 3,863
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

(Grrr  just tried to edit on mobile.)

I have <coughs> I have <clears throat>

<octave higher>I have no idea what you are talking about. </octave>

@Anonymous wrote:

If your a guy and you dont know this one.. instant man card loss 

Since its you..  one last chance to save your man card   you should only need one clue to know what i'm talking about....

Eleanor

You going to wait 60 seconds for his answer?

I'd like my man card, please. I can add it to the rest of my man card pile! 😃

Deal is a deal..  

Mancard.jpg

I thought it would be... bigger. 😂

I'll take "Things no woman has ever said to me" for $100, Alex...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2639 of 3,863
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@A1Credit wrote:

@RicHowe wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

• Where are you staying? 

• I am going with family so kids ranging in 8-20 will be included with the adults
  • LOL I will be there for 5 days-well I'm only counting 4 since we will be living on the 5th day. We won't get to Orlando until around noon that first day.
  • I am still working on that but it will more than likely be a resort close to DW.  The resort hotels didn't fit what we needed at the right price
  • A little bit of both.  I want to get in at least 3 parks and downtime maybe on the 4th day.  I prefer to do a park a day since it just seems easier and more organized.
  • Trip is planned for mid Sept

Relative to summer, September is a good month to visit Walt Disney World. School is back in session and the crowds are smaller at all the parks. There's lots to do in September at Disney World:

• The new Toy Story Land will be open at Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • EPCOT will be hosting the annual International Food and Wine Festival
  • All the Halloween decorations will be up as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party will be in full-effect
  • There’s also the relatively-new Pandora – World of Avatar with Avatar Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey to experience over at Animal Kingdom
  • You can take advantage of the discounted Disney Dining Plan in September as well LINK

So there is an argument to be made that there is plenty to do at Disney.

Becuase you have older kids going, it's worth considering a day at one of the parks at Universal Studios

• Halloween Horror Nights will be up and running beginning September 14th LINK
  • Of course there are the roller coasters and Harry Potter lands to enjoy

Bottom Line:

With the days you have, I would break up the trip as follows:

Day One: Travel Day - Save ticket costs and spend the evening with a nice dinner at the new Disney Springs area
Day Two: Magic Kingdom Day (All Day)
Day Three: Universal Studios Islands of Adventure (better rides for the older kids), you could opt for a park to park ticket but there's too much to do for a one day visit. Skip Universal Studios.

Day Four: Choose between Hollywood Studios (Toy Story Land), Animal Kingdom (World of Avatar) or EPCOT (International Food and Wine Festival) -- kids will probably enjoy Animal Kingdom best

Day Five: Depart leaving behind copious amounts of money to pay my taxes (Thank you!)

Message 2640 of 3,863
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.