Did you mean: 

Garden Club - March 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - March 2018

@simplynoirwrote:

@simplynoirwrote:

Ah, the month of March where I keep feeling old turning 32 lol. All I want for my birthday month is to have this shoulder get better. Not asking for a lot I would think. Smiley LOL

To expand on this because I couldn't get it in on February's thread because I'm slow and had to retype it as a result. Smiley Sad

I seem to have suffered a shoulder injury earlier this week that hurt a lot to move til today when I finally got prescription painkillers for it; hoping it'll make sleeping easier tonight assuming I can. Happened while randomly reaching for something in the office and felt something give that was painful. Supposedly according to the MRI it's a small rotator cuff tear that should heal with regular RICE method in a week or so so doctor suggested little to no shoulder movement other than gentle stretching to prevent frozen shoulder and also gave me some stronger version of store NSAIDs. I'm hoping it'll heal by the end of next week so keeping fingers crossed with next week's checkup.

I hope you get well soon.  It took several months after my fall before I could use my arms and they were only "bruised" lightly

Message 11 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iheartwings: when is your birthday? Mine is coming up in a few weeks on the 15th of March.
Message 12 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello fellow gardeners! This will be my first month in the garden! 

Message 13 of 3,760
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@simplynoirwrote:

@simplynoirwrote:

Ah, the month of March where I keep feeling old turning 32 lol. All I want for my birthday month is to have this shoulder get better. Not asking for a lot I would think. Smiley LOL

To expand on this because I couldn't get it in on February's thread because I'm slow and had to retype it as a result. Smiley Sad

I seem to have suffered a shoulder injury earlier this week that hurt a lot to move til today when I finally got prescription painkillers for it; hoping it'll make sleeping easier tonight assuming I can. Happened while randomly reaching for something in the office and felt something give that was painful. Supposedly according to the MRI it's a small rotator cuff tear that should heal with regular RICE method in a week or so so doctor suggested little to no shoulder movement other than gentle stretching to prevent frozen shoulder and also gave me some stronger version of store NSAIDs. I'm hoping it'll heal by the end of next week so keeping fingers crossed with next week's checkup.

I hope you get well soon.  It took several months after my fall before I could use my arms and they were only "bruised" lightly

Me, too. I didn't realize how limiting it was when your shoulder is injured til now. Seems like any random movement can trigger small bursts of pain.

Message 14 of 3,760
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
@iheartwings: when is your birthday? Mine is coming up in a few weeks on the 15th of March.

Ah...the Ides of March. Et tu Pedro? Smiley Happy 

I'm a week later on National Goof Off Day, March 22. Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 3,760
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Hello everyone!   It's March already and I'm still here!! Winter is almost over. 

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 16 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey it's still February in California!

Birthdays...don't remind me I'm 2.5 months away from a nice round number.  I have to admit that turning 30 seems much less appealing than turning 20 did....

Credit wise March is going to be my rebound relationship. LOL.  Balances are disappearing into the ether now that things have stabilized and the holidays are in the rear view.  I'll be going for 3X on the BCE sometime this month, just need to make one more payment and I'll have it down under 9% YAY!  Planning for <5% cranberry by end of month and AZEO in April.

Savings is growing and IRA will be setup sometime in the next month or two.  Also considering moving to Schwab for checking for the ATM rebates and possible their Amex Platinum in the future.

Other than that, new business is approaching the 9 month mark and we're doing very well all things considered.

Looking forward to a fun March in the Garden!

Message 17 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Hello fellow gardeners! This will be my first month in the garden! 

Welcome to the Jungle!  I mean Garden, welcome to the Garden...G&R on the brain Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 3,760
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@simplynoirwrote:

@simplynoirwrote:

I fell and also tore a rotator cuff a couple years back which took months to heal.  The pain got so bad it reminded me of waking up with a toothache that consumes your every thought.  I was miserable trying to sleep comfortably and could not find any medication that eased the pain. I don't take anything stronger than Naproxen but that didn't even work. Eventually time worked it's magic and everything healed on it's own. Moderate PT helped alot.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 19 of 3,760
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Reported!
Message 20 of 3,760
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.