Garden Club - March 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - March 2018

@simplynoirwrote:

@simplynoirwrote:

lol I give up understanding how FICO scores work. Smiley LOL

I have to repeat this because it's confusing me. Short of two new accounts and AU cards being added (I expect them to report all in the next several days and sort of cancel each other out for AAoA purposes) the only new activity on my credit report is the auto loan which finally showed up. But creditscore.com's free EX report generated earlier this month it showed a substantial increase when I expected the complete opposite. I thought it was an anomaly til Walmart's free TU score finally update on my account and it showed the same increase.

It even points out the high balance on the loan that should affect my credit but instead of penalizing me it rewards me??? It's almost like it's treating a close to 100% total owed loan as an SSL for a score boost. I give up knowing what FICO wants. Maybe with the CCT pull I'll do in a few days once everything is reporting will correct itself and give me some sane answers but who knows. Smiley LOL

Thats a great score. DW and I are stuck in the 740-760 score mode with no loan home or car loan .   We may have to visit the Temple of Fico for a field trip.  It is just across the way from the Temple of Disco. AJC knows the exact place I am talkng about.  

Message 1571 of 3,760
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Today's garden discussions brought to you by...

tgy.jpg

"Your best buy is at... TG&Y!"

Message 1572 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoirwrote:

@K-in-Bostonwrote:
I think the Ritz card will remain a JP Morgan product, but the Starwood personal card will move to Chase while the business Marriott cards will move to Amex.

I would do it in a heartbeat if I had similar targeted offers for Ritz-Carlton as I get for the 5/24 Marriott card. (Example: 120,000 points for $12k spend.) Amex. I’d also move all my spend to R-C if the points earning were comparable to SPG because I could hit Platinum through spend.

I think when it's all said and done the new AMEX Marriott card will be the best card they can make it at least equalling the SPG in point earning potential. I don't think they can hold the SPG card they currently have and reduce the earnings on a new card to the point where current/potential customers consider going back to Chase to get what they want with the RC card being the replacement probably. The premium they're gonna put on the card I wouldn't be surprised on an AF matching the Plat card atm.

Simply I right there with you.  I look for Amex to release a new super-premium with Platinum\Ritz types perks and SPG earning rates.  I expect the SPG biz card to be converted to a new biz card that closely mirrors the Marriott Biz card with maybe a slight "perk" upgrade.  I expect the premium card to be $400-500/yr with the biz $250.

Chase I expect to keep the Marriott card basically as is and create a $0 card with maybe 3X at properties and 1X every where else.  No elite status or free upgrades.

I don't necessarily expect them to force a switch from Amex to Chase (or vise-versa) for existing cardholders but I expect them to provide a migration path.  I also expect them to stop renewing the cards so if you don't close or change before 2020 or something they'll just close your cards.

My biggest concern would be that when the announce the new cards they will freeze the old ones.  So holding off could have it's down sides as well.

EDIT: Typos remain, I swear I can speak (and type) in English  Smiley Happy  The above was typed but not [proof] read. 

Message 1573 of 3,760
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I still cannot figure out why I got 15 point drop. Nothing changed other than utilization which dropped way below 1%. I thought that was the reason, but I am  being told that it would still have been rounded to 1%. 

There is nothing new on my EX report other than cards that reported recently (a day before the drop). 

I really need to stop looking 

Message 1574 of 3,760
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@simplynoirwrote:

@simplynoirwrote:

lol I give up understanding how FICO scores work. Smiley LOL

I have to repeat this because it's confusing me. Short of two new accounts and AU cards being added (I expect them to report all in the next several days and sort of cancel each other out for AAoA purposes) the only new activity on my credit report is the auto loan which finally showed up. But creditscore.com's free EX report generated earlier this month it showed a substantial increase when I expected the complete opposite. I thought it was an anomaly til Walmart's free TU score finally update on my account and it showed the same increase.

It even points out the high balance on the loan that should affect my credit but instead of penalizing me it rewards me??? It's almost like it's treating a close to 100% total owed loan as an SSL for a score boost. I give up knowing what FICO wants. Maybe with the CCT pull I'll do in a few days once everything is reporting will correct itself and give me some sane answers but who knows. Smiley LOL

Thats a great score. DW and I are stuck in the 740-760 score mode with no loan home or car loan .   We may have to visit the Temple of Fico for a field trip.  It is just across the way from the Temple of Disco. AJC knows the exact place I am talkng about.  

The only thing I can think of as to why the scores increased is that your credit mix improved. Anyway, Congratulations. Take the score and run! Smiley Wink

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1575 of 3,760
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@K-in-Bostonwrote:
I will not apply for the Chase Ritz-Carlton card.

You and me both...  I really wish my crystal ball was working.  The impending Marriott, Ritz, SPG, Amex, Chase love-fest scares me.

If I was to escape for this card (not planning on it, but better lock the gates to be sure) I'd be in with Chase; however, if it just gets converted to the new Amex elite card and I miss the SUB, I'll be all kinds of bent out of shape.  Conversely, if that was to happen, then we have to assume the SPG card will be converted to a Chase card?

I'm just soo confused, and nervious, and excited, and I think I need to drink less coffee...

Does anybody else get a mental picture of Bart  writing "I will not apply for the Chase Ritz-Carlton card." on the blackboard at the beginning of a Simpons episode?

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1576 of 3,760
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@bizarrocreditworldwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@K-in-Bostonwrote:

You and me both...  I really wish my crystal ball was working.  The impending Marriott, Ritz, SPG, Amex, Chase love-fest scares me.

If I was to escape for this card (not planning on it, but better lock the gates to be sure) I'd be in with Chase; however, if it just gets converted to the new Amex elite card and I miss the SUB, I'll be all kinds of bent out of shape.  Conversely, if that was to happen, then we have to assume the SPG card will be converted to a Chase card?

I'm just soo confused, and nervious, and excited, and I think I need to drink less coffee...

Does anybody else get a mental picture of Bart  writing "I will not apply for the Chase Ritz-Carlton card." on the blackboard at the beginning of a Simpons episode?

Yup! QUICK! To the Photoshop program with you!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1577 of 3,760
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I think I need to drink less coffee...

I have not nor will I ever used those words myself.  I would say I KNOW I need to drink MORE coffee. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1578 of 3,760
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Adkinswrote:

@bizarrocreditworldwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@K-in-Bostonwrote:

Yup! QUICK! To the Photoshop program with you!!

Oh my. Someone was spying on me. Before I posted that last night, I was trying to make the meme but it only wrote it at the top of the chalkboard and it was too small to read with it written a bunch of times. LOL

Message 1579 of 3,760
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Message 1580 of 3,760
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.