Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - March 2018

@AJC glad to hear your safe... Smiley Very Happy

Message 1651 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

After a very eventful and satisfying Q1 2018, I have reached some very unexpected, beneficial  and important financial milestones.

I refinanced my house from a crappy (and embarassing) mortgage at over 6.8% 30 year with a balloon that has been holding me down for 10 years to a 4.625% 20 year fixed at the same payment as before.  I refinanced my 2017 6.49% 72 month car loan down to a 2.99% 60 month car loan shaving a couple months off the payment with a $50 reduction in the monthly payment.  

Now I can sit back and relax as I am now ready to garden and enjoy this place and watch my scores recover.  I have learned so much in my short time on this forum. Things I wish I learned years ago, but hindsight is always 20/20.  I'm actually excited to see what my gardening efforts will bring.

Cheers everyone! First glass on me!   I will be here until March 2020.

Message 1652 of 3,760
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Cheers everyone! First glass on me!   I will be here until March 2018.

Good morning, welcome to the garden.  All of that sounds awesome, and the bestest news is that it's ALREADY March of 2018.  Smiley Tongue 

Time flies when you're having fun.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1653 of 3,760
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys and girls.

No real gardening news to report.  I'm sitting quietly in the garden (cough, cough) waiting for next month to go chat with NFCU about the weather again...  I think that I'll be able to settle down and behave myself a bit better once that gets done.

DW will also be discussing the weather with NFCU next month, and chatting with American Express about 3X CLI... other than that, all is quiet.

She wandered over the garden fence last week, got a couple of denials, one approval, and one still pending.... we shall see.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1654 of 3,760
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

After a very eventful and satisfying Q1 2018, I have reached some very unexpected, beneficial  and important financial milestones.

I refinanced my house from a crappy (and embarassing) mortgage at over 6.8% 30 year with a balloon that has been holding me down for 10 years to a 4.625% 20 year fixed at the same payment as before.  I refinanced my 2017 6.49% 72 month car loan down to a 2.99% 60 month car loan shaving a couple months off the payment with a $50 reduction in the monthly payment.  

Now I can sit back and relax as I am now ready to garden and enjoy this place and watch my scores recover.  I have learned so much in my short time on this forum. Things I wish I learned years ago, but hindsight is always 20/20.  I'm actually excited to see what my gardening efforts will bring.

Welcome and great job on the house and car, Smiley Happy I gotta say your stint might be one for the record books though,  until March 2018Smiley Wink. Call me Ishmael, but i think we just might be in March 18Smiley Wink

Message 1655 of 3,760
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Looks like Tcbo beat me to it, lol, well that was easy , Whine WednesdaySmiley Happy

Morning folks looks like another sunny day ahead. Dad lost power yesterday for about 8 hours but when i got home i had it. Go figure.

Dont drink to much WHINE or you just might forget its not JanuarySmiley Wink
Message 1656 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Welcome and great job on the house and car, Smiley Happy I gotta say your stint might be one for the record books though,  until March 2018Smiley Wink. Call me Ishmael, but i think we just might be in March 18Smiley Wink

HAHA!! I saw that this morning. I meant March 2020.  At this point March 2018 would have probably been the world's shortest gardening period.

Message 1657 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofadewrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Good morning, welcome to the garden.  All of that sounds awesome, and the bestest news is that it's ALREADY March of 2018.  Smiley Tongue 

Time flies when you're having fun.  Smiley Happy

LOL!! Midnight typing.  After my last call with Barclays, it is clear I need to stay in the garden for more than 2 weeks. I'm extending my stay for 2 years. I want the diamond!!!

Message 1658 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhh!!! I see already that it's going to be a good time in the garden.  

Once this last round of inquiries hit, I can set my baseline. It will be interesting to see what happens to my scores when I sit back and do nothing, but tend to my crops.

My mom isn't on the forums, but I brought her into the garden with me. Now that I 've gotten my credit to a place where we just sit and wait for time to pass, I've shifted my focus to hers. She doesn't have a lot of credit, but she has what she needs and she has managed it better than I have expected. There are two tradeline negatives that we are working on getting removed and some medical collections. If we accomplish that, she should see a nice jump in her scores. I dragged her into the world of caring for her scores and now she check CK as much as I do checking for paid balances to update, etc. I'm looking forward to the day where she has a nice 700+ score and can get her own solid TL. Currently she has some store cards, a credit one (that I explained we will be paying off and closing as soon as the updated balance is reflected on her CR) and a BOFA secured cash rewards card. She is also an AU on my SPG and CSP accounts, so she will be in the garden with me as we work on those items and let her positive TLs age. 

It feels good to have company in the garden.

Message 1659 of 3,760
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Ahhhh!!! I see already that it's going to be a good time in the garden.  

Once this last round of inquiries hit, I can set my baseline. It will be interesting to see what happens to my scores when I sit back and do nothing, but tend to my crops.

My mom isn't on the forums, but I brought her into the garden with me. Now that I 've gotten my credit to a place where we just sit and wait for time to pass, I've shifted my focus to hers. She doesn't have a lot of credit, but she has what she needs and she has managed it better than I have expected. There are two tradeline negatives that we are working on getting removed and some medical collections. If we accomplish that, she should see a nice jump in her scores. I dragged her into the world of caring for her scores and now she check CK as much as I do checking for paid balances to update, etc. I'm looking forward to the day where she has a nice 700+ score and can get her own solid TL. Currently she has some store cards, a credit one (that I explained we will be paying off and closing as soon as the updated balance is reflected on her CR) and a BOFA secured cash rewards card. She is also an AU on my SPG and CSP accounts, so she will be in the garden with me as we work on those items and let her positive TLs age. 

It feels good to have company in the garden.

Welcome to you and your mom!!!

Message 1660 of 3,760
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.