Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - May 2017

tag
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Club - May 2017

Good morning everyone!  Happy May!!  I'm fired up this month.  No urge to app and no one with extend a SP CLI so that means the focus is 100% on student loan pay off.  I'm scheduled to make a $1,000 payment this month and I'm looking for ways to increase that amount to $1,500.  I have nothing of value left to sell so that means I have to try and cut my spending tremendously this month.  My biggest expense is food, so that's the area I'm going to focus on.  That means no Whole Foods for May.  Pray for me because that is going to extremely hard for me!  LOL!

Hope everyone has a fantastic month and may all your goals be realized!!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 41 of 615
rayneyday
Valued Member

Checking in with a restart date of April 28th, after starting an Alliant SSL.

After much phone tag and telephone detective work, I managed to finally locate the current CAs holding the last 3 open collections on my reports, and all have been PIF.  None were willing to accept PFD, so it seems I will be playing the waiting game for 3 years as they age off. There is also a paid judgment (my husband's) that is due to drop next year -- my dispute was unsuccessful for some reason.

But what a fantastic feeling to know I have zero delinquent debt for the first time in...must be at least 20 years. Smiley Happy

Feb '17: EQ 644/TU 615/EX 632 >> Jul '22: EQ 808/TU 817/EX 780
Cash 365 $12500 // Amazon Prime $6000 // Citi DC $5000 // Best Buy Visa $4000 // Discover IT $4600 // Cash+ $4500
AMEX BCP $15400 // Walmart $6000 // US Bank $10000 // Amex CM $1000 // Amex ED $4900 // Discover IT $7500
Message 42 of 615
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Congratulations to everyone.  Another month down.

I just bought a desktop and a laptop computer from Amazon with their 0% financing.  My utilization jumped to 4%.  Even that freaks me out these days.  I plan to work on paying this off over the summer.  I am at a stage where having balances, even those at 0%, make me feel uneasy.  I guess that is a good thing.

Everybody keep up the good work.  See you in another month.

Message 43 of 615
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@Grafton88 wrote:

Congratulations to everyone.  Another month down.

I just bought a desktop and a laptop computer from Amazon with their 0% financing.  My utilization jumped to 4%.  Even that freaks me out these days.  I plan to work on paying this off over the summer.  I am at a stage where having balances, even those at 0%, make me feel uneasy.  I guess that is a good thing.

Everybody keep up the good work.  See you in another month.

I completely agree!!  I'm there right along with you.  I sleep better at night knowing that I am credit card debt free.  And once I get my student loans paid off - I'm going to be on cloud nine!  LOL!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 44 of 615
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I am back to the garden, stepped out and back in, my score has taken a hit with util and HP's over the last few months. I want to really stay in for 6 months or more and let my items grow. Drinking my coffee still and will add ice since its getting hotter outside and I need to chill my urges to go to Navy since the AR as I do not need any more HP(thats all they do). I will see SP only for CLI's. Let's get some brats and burgers going!!!

Message 45 of 615
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

New here. Had to replace my car at beginning of last month and also decided to app for a credit card (which I received) so now I'm happy.
Two cars, a discover card, Amex and visa. Now I can let stuff seriously grow.
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 46 of 615
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Happy May Fellow GC Members!!!

We've made it to the 5th month of the year and I'm GLAD about it.  Nothing new except for my credit scores continuing to RISE! I'm quite content here in the Garden and I'm NOT coming out until 2019 (Vehicle Purchase). Oh my 2002 Acura hit the 190,000 miles mark and I'm still rolling with no problems. Stick to your goals and stay FOCUSED, it's definitely worth it!!! Smiley Wink

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 47 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sitting in the garden letting my latest new card age. There are several cards of interest but, I have not seen enough difference to my present flock to seek out more credit.
Message 48 of 615
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow , its only 2, and we're 5 deep. Fantastic. A big shout out to myFico family, hope this month treats you well, health and credit wise. 5 days to go and ill have an official month in the garden. April braught a couple nice April shower cli's, sp of course. Got my second Disco cli, got some sp luv from Amazon and Macys so i got them to the limits i want so happy about that. Stay well everyone and congrats to those achieving and best wishes to those believing Smiley Happy AVJ
Message 49 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Monday afternoon from the east coast! Off work in a few to get my son. I plan to continue my stay in the garden. I kind of am enjoying the garden. It's a quiet place where my AAoA is not affected. I hope everyone has an enjoyable May whether you garden or app. Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 615
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.