Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - May 2017

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - May 2017

@coldnmn wrote:

Smiley Happy Checking in for May! Still gardening strong!

How's them grandbabies?  They keeping you in line?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 91 of 615
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Howdy, howdy boys and girls.

DW's scores are starting to go up...   Experian up six this month...  Mine are staying still, but I'm not really working on mine so I'm not terribly worried.

Mowed the yard after work today...it's a long way from done, but its getting better every year.  Put down some grass seed a week or so ago, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything...still a mud pit in the front yard...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 92 of 615
minski
Established Contributor

I was excited to finally see a small upward movement on TU +6 points - now 794. Can't wait to be back in the 800 range. 

Message 93 of 615
Naptownravensfan00

Haven't been on these board since that trendy chase card came out in dec (I think ?) but anyway I just came on to see how ppl have been doing app for the new us bank alt card. I've been w them for 2.5 yrs w a flex perks card but haven't had any INQ or Accts since mid July '15. So almost 2 yrs but not sure it's worth it and if maybe my desire for the card is more superficial and outta boredom of doing anything credit related in a while or genuine need for the card and bonuses it would incur. Idk I usually don't spew my thoughts on these things on a msg board outta pseudo guilt it comes off as self centered or even worse complaining but I felt the shameless need too I guess and if anyone else here app'd for said card or any card and what were these feelings/thoughts afterwards and what affect it had on their scores.
Mine are 740, 742 and 741 and haven't fluctuated much at all in the time, ~2 yrs, since but I keep my util between 4-7% if that info helps. Thx
Message 94 of 615
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Good May to all!

Message 95 of 615
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Smiley Happy Checking in for May! Still gardening strong!

How's them grandbabies?  They keeping you in line?

Smiley Sad Teaching them who's boss! I'm finally learning!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 96 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:
I know you have a big cheesy grin on your face right now.Smiley Wink Congrats Revelate!

Ah FML: the cheesy grin was short-lived.  Experian nuked my two remaining lates (30/60 in combination) and that old BOFA tradeline is now in pristine condition as verified on a report from Experian.

I wasn't really tracking my EQ scores much beyond FICO 8 and FICO 5 as I didn't really care about the rest, but I have been tracking my EX 1B scores while doing this zero balances testing, and this is no bueno when the one score as near as I can tell nobody uses goes up, and the rest go down.  20 points on EX FICO 2 is an entire mortgage tier, and the only change is the 30/60 getting whacked.  As stated: FML sometimes when it comes to FICO... really curious now what my scores will do when the PLOC reports which is presumably counted as a revolver on all models, but that won't help my EX FICO 2 as my HELOC was counting there.  Not happy, not in the slightest about that as that's one of the few scores I actually think matters.  

Score4/15/175/1/17Delta
EX FICO 8709704-5
EX FICO 2723703-20
EX FICO 36796845
EX FICO 9733717-16

EX FICO 8 AU714709-5
EX FICO 2 AU694679-15
EX FICO 9 AU740726-14

EX FICO 8 BC729723-6
EX FICO 2 BC717705-12
EX FICO 9 BC730723-7

I'm sorry Revelate on the score reductions. Is there any thing you can do to recoup your losses?

Message 97 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good morning all ... In for my first full month in the garden.

Agreed with another poster ... Just about time to break out the golf clubs. I'll also be in the literal garden. Our new house has an area in the back yard that is pretty barren, so we're going to build some raised beds and see what we can grow this year

Please let me know what you decide to plant. We have 3 pineapples growing in our backyard. I'm super excited!Smiley Happy

Message 98 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy May Monday, Fellow Gardeners! Smiley Happy

It is looking to be a beautiful day here! May is very welcome, as late-March and April have been very busy for me with out of town conferences and trainings and traveling twice for family situations. It seems the older I get, the harder traveling by car is on my body. Smiley Frustrated

In any case, all is quiet on the credit front. Not much is happening. I did get 4 points on EX last month, but other than that my scores were stagnant for April. Kind of a good thing since they weathered my last app without any nosedives! I will take that! 

Plans for May:

-Combine Cap1 QS Platinum into QS WEMC. Even though I can ask for CLI on June 3, I am just going to do it now as soon as my Plat statement cuts this week since Cap1 is a little spooked right now. 

-Claim bronze spade on the 12th.

-Request Disco CLI on the 18th. It will have been over 90 days since my last CLI.

-Request jetBlue APR/CLI on the 23rd. Don't know if they will do it since they just lowered my APR 2 points with no CLI offer available, but the 23rd is the 6 month mark of having the card and I just drastically paid it down. I hope they like that!

-Use my Victoria's Secret card so that my increased CL reports. Just realized it's still reporting as $500 since I haven't used it since before my two CLIs of $300 apiece.

-Hopefully see some score increases. Currently EQ 689, TU 658, EX 687 per myFICO.

Here's wishing everyone a prosperous May!!!!! Smiley Happy

Sounds like a solid plan Bella. Congrats on your score increase!!

I know what you mean about traveling, but I don't like to fly. I will, but it's not my first choice.

Message 99 of 615
Anonymous
Not applicable

@luxeprw9 wrote:

Good morning everyone!  Happy May!!  I'm fired up this month.  No urge to app and no one with extend a SP CLI so that means the focus is 100% on student loan pay off.  I'm scheduled to make a $1,000 payment this month and I'm looking for ways to increase that amount to $1,500.  I have nothing of value left to sell so that means I have to try and cut my spending tremendously this month.  My biggest expense is food, so that's the area I'm going to focus on.  That means no Whole Foods for May.  Pray for me because that is going to extremely hard for me!  LOL!

Hope everyone has a fantastic month and may all your goals be realized!!

You can do it!Smiley Wink

Message 100 of 615
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.