Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - May 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - May 2018

@Anonymous wrote:

WOO HOO..      Something totally unrelated updated on my EXP report and the alert said my score went upto 670.   My first one in the good category.  I'm not sure why the others are lagging so far behind, but its so nice to see. 

Tried to screenshot it, but that wasnt working well for me. 

Guess i'm going to actually garden now, no more "pretending"  *eyeballs K*  Smiley LOL

Congratulations!

Message 1931 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok got it! How do I add the credit cards and credit score goals to the bottom of my responses. Also, I would love a seedling!

Welcome to the garden!

Message 1932 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous
Thanks. I feel the healing already.    Even tho i'm never/24 and plan to stay that way, i do like that metal amazon card.  

It's really nice to hold! 

Thanks, but i'm still not even tempted.   My Blacklist is like the NFCU Blacklist.   

Message 1933 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Good morning, MFers.  Nothing happening with credit today.  I would have picked up yet another bronze spade last week, but I decided to redacted when I received my redacted that I redacted the last time I left.  So I got a second redacted from redacted which got nowhere and I didn't get a redacted so it's making the redacted hard to hit with the redacted without killing my cranberry bog and I won't get my bronze until Monday.

That's kinda vague K..   smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 1934 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone!

This is my first day in the garden. I just went on an app spree on 5/23. <mod redacted>

My credit took a flop these last two years from being uneducated and misinformed about credit. I started gardening in October 2017. I was sending in dispute letters to the CB's to get items removed. My TU score in Dec 2017 was 590 due to late car payments. I only had three credit cards (Cap 1 secured 500)(Discover IT 500) Cap 1 QS 750) and three retail cards (VS 750)(Ann Taylor 750)(Abercrombie 250). I've had for the most part ontime payments w them. I started paying my auto note on time and continued w the ontime credit card payments. My score started to move up. Oh and I also had a Tax Lien that I disputed and it was removed in April 2018.

I could'nt believe I was getting approvals for the  cards that I applied for this week! I am beyond happy. But now I'm back to gardening. I'm working toward the CSP next! I need to stay on top of payments and use cards responsibly!

5/2018-TU 630

12/2017-TU 590

Mod note:  Be sure to check out the rules in the first post of this thread!  --UB  Smiley Wink 

Welcome to the Garden.     

Message 1935 of 2,367
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

It has been a crazy day for me and my wife. Today was her graduation ceremony where she received her Ph.D. in Social Work. On the way to the ceremony, there was some concern that she had the wrong color hood. It turned out she was fine. Once people were coming in to the meeting place, we found out that she won the award for outstanding dissertation. In fact, the person we expected to win was the one who congratulated my wife. We were shocked.

Then came the ceremony. In a break from tradition, the MSW students came in first, followed by the faculty and Ph.D. recipients. After the speeches came the presentation of the doctoral degrees. There were two people with my wife's last name and both first names start with the same letter. They called the other one twice without calling my wife. Basically, it was an awkward scene as my wife was hooded by her chairperson (who was also not announced). I did not notice, but my wife immediately left the ceremony (it was in a football stadium filled with a capacity crowd of 7,000 people). My brother-in-law and I were in total shock and the crowd was saying they got her name wrong (they knew who she was). Later on, she called me from inside the original meeting place in tears and I ran over immediately (still during the ceremony). We decided to leave before the faculty returned, because both of us were seeing red. I called the person who was responsible (the head of the Ph.D. program) and left some choice words on his voice mail. My wife called and was much calmer, but equally upset. We went to dinner at one of the best steakhouses in NYC, but all we could talk about was this incredible blunder. It turned out that the rest of the doctoral cohort was talking about what happened and was thinking of walking out of the ceremony after my wife left. Even some of the MSW recipients (some of whom were my wife's former students) were stunned. It turns out this isn't the first time he screwed up during the doctoral portion of commencement. 

The head of the Ph.D. program has written an Email apologizing to my wife, however, we feel that since he screwed up in public, he should make a public apology on the university website so the community sees the error. 

My face is slightly red from sunburn, but beet red over what happened. I will say that her fellow doctoral students are all great people for sympathizing with her. 

What a complete **bleep**up on their part! Please send the greatest of congratulations to your wife on the culmination of all her hard work! 👍👍

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1936 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ok seriously this house thing is really getting rediculous.. im not sure how to explain it since i really dont understand all the fees and stuff but in laymans terms..

it seems the sellers realtor misrepresented the price of the house it should really be $127k and not $121k and she knew this all along.. and my realtor told her when she gets her ducks in a row to call him back and hung up on her

i mean she saw our original loan preapproval!! the only difference between that and the new one is fha vs conventional

gah!!!

Was the contract signed and approved by all parties at 121K? If so then they are sol perhaps the seller can  e/o claim his realtor

it was approved by us and the sellers.. we are still waiting on the short sale bank to officially approve the short sale

e/o claim?

Errors and Ommissions Claim/ Easiest way to may a realtor fly right along with a complaint to state real estate commission or mls board. Whatever was signed and agreed to is it.  DW is on the professional standards board that deals with bad realtors and in some cases former realtors for what they did 

Message 1937 of 2,367
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ok seriously this house thing is really getting rediculous.. im not sure how to explain it since i really dont understand all the fees and stuff but in laymans terms..

it seems the sellers realtor misrepresented the price of the house it should really be $127k and not $121k and she knew this all along.. and my realtor told her when she gets her ducks in a row to call him back and hung up on her

i mean she saw our original loan preapproval!! the only difference between that and the new one is fha vs conventional

gah!!!

Was the contract signed and approved by all parties at 121K? If so then they are sol perhaps the seller can  e/o claim his realtor

it was approved by us and the sellers.. we are still waiting on the short sale bank to officially approve the short sale

e/o claim?

Errors and Ommissions Claim/ Easiest way to may a realtor fly right along with a complaint to state real estate commission or mls board. Whatever was signed and agreed to is it.  DW is on the professional standards board that deals with bad realtors and in some cases former realtors for what they did 

^^^ Truth.

In my state this would be extremely effective... they don't play. 

Message 1938 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been a crazy day for me and my wife. Today was her graduation ceremony where she received her Ph.D. in Social Work. On the way to the ceremony, there was some concern that she had the wrong color hood. It turned out she was fine. Once people were coming in to the meeting place, we found out that she won the award for outstanding dissertation. In fact, the person we expected to win was the one who congratulated my wife. We were shocked.

Then came the ceremony. In a break from tradition, the MSW students came in first, followed by the faculty and Ph.D. recipients. After the speeches came the presentation of the doctoral degrees. There were two people with my wife's last name and both first names start with the same letter. They called the other one twice without calling my wife. Basically, it was an awkward scene as my wife was hooded by her chairperson (who was also not announced). I did not notice, but my wife immediately left the ceremony (it was in a football stadium filled with a capacity crowd of 7,000 people). My brother-in-law and I were in total shock and the crowd was saying they got her name wrong (they knew who she was). Later on, she called me from inside the original meeting place in tears and I ran over immediately (still during the ceremony). We decided to leave before the faculty returned, because both of us were seeing red. I called the person who was responsible (the head of the Ph.D. program) and left some choice words on his voice mail. My wife called and was much calmer, but equally upset. We went to dinner at one of the best steakhouses in NYC, but all we could talk about was this incredible blunder. It turned out that the rest of the doctoral cohort was talking about what happened and was thinking of walking out of the ceremony after my wife left. Even some of the MSW recipients (some of whom were my wife's former students) were stunned. It turns out this isn't the first time he screwed up during the doctoral portion of commencement. 

The head of the Ph.D. program has written an Email apologizing to my wife, however, we feel that since he screwed up in public, he should make a public apology on the university website so the community sees the error. 

My face is slightly red from sunburn, but beet red over what happened. I will say that her fellow doctoral students are all great people for sympathizing with her. 

This was her big day and they botched it.   I think they should be sent into exile.  Really a public apology would be the least.   I hope will she put the degree to good use.    

Message 1939 of 2,367
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This was her big day and they botched it.   I think they should be sent into exile.  Really a public apology would be the least.   I hope will she put the degree to good use.    

Thank you. She already she put her degree to good use by expaning her private therapy practice to the point where she has to turn away potential clients. 

By the way, I forgot to mention that the whole thing was livestreamed on YouTube and is therefore permanently recorded. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1940 of 2,367
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.