Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - May 2018

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Garden Club - May 2018

I went into work fairly late because I let the DD sleep as long as possible. She pulled 13 hours without waking and promptly went right back to sleep once I did wake her. Her temperature was down to 101°F (and the ibuprofen had worn off at this point) and she did drink 80% of her water once she was up. I told mi madre not to dose her unless she's either obviously uncomfortable or her temp is over 102°F. She was ok when I left her but was cuddling with Grandma. This kid doesn't stop and getting a two second cuddle is rare. I got in touch with her daycare, the soonest the kid will be back is Friday. 

Informed delivery shows mail from discover, concerning student loans. Unless they are going to offer, at minimum, half the interest rate I'm paying now, it won't be worth it to me because 1) it'll be a new loan and I already have two of those, and 2)I have lates on those loans. If I close them, I have no way to add more on time payments to help offset those lates. I'd rather not lower my AAoA either. 

Tomorrow everyone has decided to do a potluck, even though we do have a rep bringing food. I'm bringing the giantic container of cupcakes from Sam's club - my fellow employees requested them. 😉

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1381 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

Howdy peeps.  Not much going on here, just another day of being chained to a desk for a little money... sigh.

I define "work" as trading large amounts of time and energy for small amounts of money.

In other news, I found out that my wife was also cheating on me.  So much for being sweet and innocent.  She's just digging herself an even deeper hole.

Message 1382 of 2,367
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

A lot of progress today. I got a feeling my head is going to be spinning over the next few days.

Inital CD sent out in the morning. Tentative signing appointment set. Still waiting for the golden CTC words, however that will likely not be till Thursday. Our realtor is sending invoices for inspections we paid for to get the CD straightened out. Final inspection was this evening and verifying repairs were made. Trying to locate odd ball things like sprinklers. Discussiing with DH what next steps are. 

Now that were at this stage, I just cannot believe we’re finally here. Such a long road, but it’s completely worth. I’ll admit, when closing the front door today, it was beginning to sink in that it’s going to be ours. 

Our realtor said tomorrow she needs us to begin contacting utilities to assume them. More fun to come!

yay!

oh the realtor will tell you when to contact utilities? thats good i have a whole list made of things to do and thats on there and i was wondering how that all worked.. learn something new every day!

In realtor’s words - if you wait to set them up, the reconnection fee is going to cost a lot more! Yikes!!

I had not thought about setting up utilities till the morning of the funding date. I’m just hoping nothing requires a credit check. I don’t want to mess anything up in the event of the lender pulls my credit again or the worst of the worst happens (it falls through, no CTC). 

I’m just trying hard to have faith in the process, trying to stay focused on what needs to be done and not get caught up in the excitement. 

Oh and DH is freaked out because our apartment management has changed their tune and will charge us rent for the last 3 months of our lease. I had to tell him I just don’t care about what they said right now. It’s all about trying to close the house and it would be extremely foolish to submit a move out noticed until we have signed. 

As someone who used to be in the business, I would always reach out to your mortgage person regarding anything that's likely to be a HP. 

While your realtor is a great source of info for these things, he/she isn't the one who will require an explanation should the inquiry show up at the last moment (or if it causes a last-moment score dip).

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  Smiley Wink

Just my 2¢.  Smiley Happy

Absolufreakinloutely!

"Hello I'm Somewhere and I'm purchasing this house and need to set up services. Are you going to be required to do a credit check even though I alredy have an account with you?"

If so, I'm hanging up and pushing the LO's number on speed dial.

Thanks UncleB for watching out!!!!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 1383 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Howdy peeps.  Not much going on here, just another day of being chained to a desk for a little money... sigh.

I define "work" as trading large amounts of time and energy for small amounts of money.

In other news, I found out that my wife was also cheating on me.  So much for being sweet and innocent.  She's just digging herself an even deeper hole.

oh no im so sorry 😢

Message 1384 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

A lot of progress today. I got a feeling my head is going to be spinning over the next few days.

Inital CD sent out in the morning. Tentative signing appointment set. Still waiting for the golden CTC words, however that will likely not be till Thursday. Our realtor is sending invoices for inspections we paid for to get the CD straightened out. Final inspection was this evening and verifying repairs were made. Trying to locate odd ball things like sprinklers. Discussiing with DH what next steps are. 

Now that were at this stage, I just cannot believe we’re finally here. Such a long road, but it’s completely worth. I’ll admit, when closing the front door today, it was beginning to sink in that it’s going to be ours. 

Our realtor said tomorrow she needs us to begin contacting utilities to assume them. More fun to come!

yay!

oh the realtor will tell you when to contact utilities? thats good i have a whole list made of things to do and thats on there and i was wondering how that all worked.. learn something new every day!

In realtor’s words - if you wait to set them up, the reconnection fee is going to cost a lot more! Yikes!!

I had not thought about setting up utilities till the morning of the funding date. I’m just hoping nothing requires a credit check. I don’t want to mess anything up in the event of the lender pulls my credit again or the worst of the worst happens (it falls through, no CTC). 

I’m just trying hard to have faith in the process, trying to stay focused on what needs to be done and not get caught up in the excitement. 

Oh and DH is freaked out because our apartment management has changed their tune and will charge us rent for the last 3 months of our lease. I had to tell him I just don’t care about what they said right now. It’s all about trying to close the house and it would be extremely foolish to submit a move out noticed until we have signed. 

As someone who used to be in the business, I would always reach out to your mortgage person regarding anything that's likely to be a HP. 

While your realtor is a great source of info for these things, he/she isn't the one who will require an explanation should the inquiry show up at the last moment (or if it causes a last-moment score dip).

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  Smiley Wink

Just my 2¢.  Smiley Happy

Absolufreakinloutely!

"Hello I'm Somewhere and I'm purchasing this house and need to set up services. Are you going to be required to do a credit check even though I alredy have an account with you?"

If so, I'm hanging up and pushing the LO's number on speed dial.

Thanks UncleB for watching out!!!!

great idea! i havent paid electric in 5 years(been included in my rent) and have never had a water bill.. they will definitely be pulling my credit!

Message 1385 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

called about my car - part still on back order wahh!

called about the house. still no news double wah! now thats its summer id like to just back out and forget about it and just enjoy my darn summer! definitely totally over this.. 

Message 1386 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

called about the house. still no news double wah! now thats its summer id like to just back out and forget about it and just enjoy my darn summer! definitely totally over this.. 

You need to offer double offerings at the housing temple NOW pay close attention to the quick close GOD and be exra nice to him.

Message 1387 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

yay!

For utility co it is usually a soft pull if any

Message 1388 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

oh no im so sorry 😢

Lowlimits, so sorry .  Time to move on IMO this means war. She gets nada.  Close anything that has her name on it.  Get the docs to prove her actions.  It will create a hallo for you with the judge. 

Message 1389 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You need to offer double offerings at the housing temple NOW pay close attention to the quick close GOD and be exra nice to him.

i will and am! i just feel like the realtor gavs us false hope.. he told us that even though short sales do take months that this one seemed like it wouldnt be that way but its already been since the week after easter since the paperwork went to the short sale bank.. uh. thats almost 2 months already!

Message 1390 of 2,367
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.