Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - May 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - May 2018

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

Got the best night of sleep I’ve had in a while. Feeling a bit groggy writing this because I know I slept hard and need more quality of sleep. 

The next 2 weeks will determine a lot for us. I gathered more documents I anticipate we’ll need as we go through underwriting. We also had to update our contract because it’s been difficult getting the inspection done. A lot of homes went under contract at the same time we did and it’s been a wait for inspections. Any positive thoughts or prayers you could say for us would be greatly appreciated. Never done this before and I see why it’s so nerve wrecking. 

Keep gardening for those May flowers! 💐🌷🌹🌺🌸🌼🌻

good luck!

Message 31 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

May day. May day. 

I totalled my first car 5/1/85.

And happy birthday to my childhood best friends little brother. I can barely remember what day it is but I remember birthdays and phone numbers and addresses from childhood like crazy. 

Conversely, when students have to fill things out at school, often they don't even know their own address. And it's not just the ones who have moved around a lot. Some who've lived in the same house all their life up thru HS. Obviously they haven't ordered cassettes from the Columbia Record and Tape club for a penny or other mail order deals from TV Guide. Smiley Happy 

Message 32 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Keep the debts low and the limits high...

Dang, already failed there... I suppose the good part is the debt isn't on credit cards for me anyway.

Hey garden peeps!  It's finally May, when gardens start to grow... hopefully.  It's been a long, miserable winter.

And for me, another month of no apps and no CLIs.  I get my gold spade on the twenty twoth.  Or is it the silver spade?  I don't remember now.  Whatever spade it is for 3 months. Smiley Happy

I'll probably start shopping for new checking and savings accounts this month.  I may keep the checking at TD Bank since my HELOC is there and it's nice to be able to pay it with a simple transfer... but their recent change to the ATM spitting out $50 bills is super annoying.  Savings on the other hand, I'd like to move to something that earns more than 0.05%.

Otherwise, it's just survival mode for me, when it's hard to find a reason to even do that.

Message 33 of 2,367
Anonymous
Not applicable

hahaha!! i take back everything bad i said about dept of ed.. i called and got through to cust service... lady was very nice(for a change) she said i made my 9 payments(i did?!) and now my account is being serviced by a new servicer...

so... yay!!
Message 34 of 2,367
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Happy May MFer's!!! No apping for me....Smiley LOL Well I WILL try anyway.....I really want to focus on deleting some, this usually happens when I get a new one, so might as well strike while the iron is hot, on the chopper is Alaska business card, tired of paying all the AF's and now that we are in the sunshine state, far from Orlando, Alaska seems silly to have....I have miles to use so hope I can get some delta flights off them for the kid for college travel....so in downsizing, I figure to keep the hotel cards to minimum (just got rid of SPG business), airlines to a minimum and see if maybe MR points can be used to move to hotels and airlines I may need. American is the only transfer partner they don't have that I use so keeping Citi and Barclay, but maybe stock up on MR and just transfer when I need it, as we now live in vacation all year, where the heck are we going! LOL  Jet Blue is another AF card I am thinking of dumping, really what am I doing with that? I pretty much fly American for business and whatever personal we have and I am platinum so WHY keep JetBlue, because they go to Boston straight from my home airport once a year to visit friends? Heck they should visit us, we have a real beach! Well I will stop rambling now....Don't App or April showers WILL bring May typhoons!!!

Message 35 of 2,367
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 wrote:

Keep the debts low and the limits high...

Dang, already failed there... I suppose the good part is the debt isn't on credit cards for me anyway.

Hey garden peeps!  It's finally May, when gardens start to grow... hopefully.  It's been a long, miserable winter.

And for me, another month of no apps and no CLIs.  I get my gold spade on the twenty twoth.  Or is it the silver spade?  I don't remember now.  Whatever spade it is for 3 months. Smiley Happy

I'll probably start shopping for new checking and savings accounts this month.  I may keep the checking at TD Bank since my HELOC is there and it's nice to be able to pay it with a simple transfer... but their recent change to the ATM spitting out $50 bills is super annoying.  Savings on the other hand, I'd like to move to something that earns more than 0.05%.

Otherwise, it's just survival mode for me, when it's hard to find a reason to even do that.

Whatever you do, don't go to Chase. You only get 0.01% from savings (and my wife insists on keeping her account there). I would look into Discover Bank (1.49% APY) or if you have the money (many have a $10,000 minimum), CIT Group or any of the other 1.55% APR online banks.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 36 of 2,367
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Checking in for May flowers and drinking my cup of Panera coffee. I am coming up on a full year with no apps and dropped about 20 inquiries since that came up from app sprees. Hope every is enjoying the garden.

Let's get the grill blazing !
Message 37 of 2,367
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Three months would be silver.  Smiley Wink

Message 38 of 2,367
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
hahaha!! i take back everything bad i said about dept of ed.. i called and got through to cust service... lady was very nice(for a change) she said i made my 9 payments(i did?!) and now my account is being serviced by a new servicer...

so... yay!!

I'm glad you got it worked out, and that the 'mystery' was there for a good reason!  screamer.gif

Message 39 of 2,367
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The offers are relentless tonight.  It's like everyone just soft pulled me and saw that I recently stepped out of the gates here for a moment.  Amex sent me a direct email trying to get me to go for the 75k Biz Gold offer, or the SimplyCash.  Macy's sent me a preapproval for their Amex card.  Logged into PayPal a minute ago to make sure my old BillMeLater account was still there before responding to a thread, and I got a "you're preapproved" splash screen for the Synch PayPal card.  No no no no no no no.  Saving myself for SPG Luxury right now.

This was from the April thread, but I'm abusing using a mod trick to reply to it here.  Smiley Very Happy

I was somewhat surprised to get the same email from Amex that you mention above... an offer for the Biz Gold w/ 75k MRs (with a SimplyCash offer at the bottom). 

Just a few weeks back I got the opposite offer: an offer for the SimplyCash (with sign-up bonus) with a Biz Gold "pre-approval" at the bottom. 

I considered clicking the link in the message for "Not a Small Business Owner?  Click here" but I figure the offers are harmless enough, and in any case they can be thought of as a 'litmus test' of sorts.  Smiley Happy

Truthfully, I can't think of anything I would possibly need, and I have to say I'm also enjoying the no-drama aspect of gardening.  Smiley Very Happy

It's not really abusing a mod trick; it's taking a shortcut that doesn't require copying the HTML from one reply to another.  Smiley Wink

With no AF the first year and 75k MRs I have to say it was worth considering as a churn, but I was a good boy.  I missed the text that said "Not a Small Business Owner?" so I just reopened it and clicked that.  It gave me a splash screen that said "Thank you for updating your records," then showed me this screen.  I wonder if that means I'll stop getting business offers now?  I get the offer for Biz Plat every time I log into my account.

not_a_small_business_owner.png

Side note: the SPG "up to 5x Starpoints on eligible purchases" had me do a double-take, then I remembered... 2 from using the card at Starwood and 3 that I would get from Starwood no matter what card I used.

Message 40 of 2,367
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.